Chapter 19:

Aubree

"Aubree, hey baby." Mrs. Harris my favorite teacher said standing up when I entered her classroom.

After Logan's death I use to hide out during lunch time in her room since I didn't want the constant pity and questions.

"Hey, I miss having you as my teacher." I said hugging her.

"I miss you too girl, but you getting closer and closer to being done with high school. I know you can't wait."

"I really can't."

"Why you haven't been bringing that pretty little baby to see me?" She asks.

"I know, I'ma bring her so you can see her. She got so much bigger since you last seen her."

"I'm sure she did. I probably won't see her again until she's walking and talking. How old is she now?"

"I promise I'ma bring her sometime this week. She's nine months. I'ma be giving you a invite to her 1st birthday so I hope you can come with your grandkids. I don't know many baby and kids."

"We'll be there girl. I remember ya little pregnant self was in here everyday eating your food and mine. I was sick of you and that stomach."

"That is so rude." I said laughing.

After talking for awhile more I hugged her telling her I'll see her later.

"Come by more often Aubree."

"I will."

As I walked out the room my phone vibrated in my hand. I answered seeing it was my dad.

"You at school?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah." I said confused.

"No you ain't lying ass."

"What?" I ask with a laugh. "Yes I am."

"Then why you answering the phone?"

"It's lunch time. Wanna bring me some Chinese food?"

"No since you wanna be grown and stay the night at niggas houses." I had to pause after him saying that.

"And where did you hear that?" I ask.

"I asked ya mom since I knew you would lie." He said causing me to suck my teeth.

"I would not have lied. If you would have asked, I would have told you."

"If you get pregnant again I'ma-"

"Whoa-" I said cutting him off. "You have to be having sex to get pregnant and I'm not."

"Yeah, I thought that before, but I got a rude awakening."

"Okay bye, dad. I'm at school and not pregnant."

"Okay, smartass."

"Love you." I said with a smile.

"Love you too."

"What's up lil Logan?" Ty, one of Logan's friends, said walking up to me as I was getting a soda from the vending machine.

"Hey." I said.

"You always gonna call her that?" The other boy Reece asks.

"That's my nickname for her. My brother was in love with her little ass." Ty said.

"True. I heard you and Chad finally became a thing." Reece said.

"Oh shit, so he did like you. Logan called that shit." Ty said.