Foe friend

Ceri (Photo of Aello Aleksy)

I crouched and blew on the fire gently, inciting it to grow

I whispered with eagerness: "Come on, little flame"

I grinned when the flame flickered and climbed the couple pieces of wood and started feeding on them

"Good girl!"

I pulled out the small pouch and opened it. I stared at the red powder and sighed: " Now, send your fumes to the sky. Let him see you, little flame"

Before I could pour the powder over the flames, my arm was yanked back and the red powder spilled all over the ground

"WHAT THE HELL, CERI!!!!"

"D-Drita??"

Damn it... what did I do now?

"Yes, DRITA! The one you're lying to!!"

My eyes widened in fear: "I-I didn't lie to you-"

"You left our territory!!!"

I gathered my thoughts, trying but failing to find error in my deeds: "Y-yes," I smiled hesitantly as I continued, "I was on a mission! I had to deliver a message to the-"

"You did not even tell me or wait for me to take you!!"

She hasn't spoken to me since the reunion with my father. And now she's angry out of nowhere? M-maybe she's just worried about me???

I shook my head: "You were out hunting-"

"That doesn't allow you to leave without MY PERMISSION!"

I stared at her in confusion, and as her grip tightened on my arm, I still failed to understand the reason behind her glares

"Drita, it's alright! I-I didn't get lost, I swear!" Well, I met Aleksy in the forest

"That's not the only problem, Ceri! Just because you have a father now, you think you can do as you please! DO NOT THINK FOR A SECOND THAT YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT PROTECTION!!

"I... Drita, please... I don't know what I did wrong?"

"You went behind my back!!!"

"No! Halina knew! And-and Leader Sosanbra allowed-"

She pulled me to stand and sneered at my face: "I don't give a damn about Halina and I am certainly not interested in that child's decisions!!!"

This time I just gasped and didn't know what to say.

She...... she just called Sosanbra a child! The... the Leader!!!!!

"Ceri? Are you alright?"

My head whipped to see Moina approaching us, looking at Drita worriedly. When Drita didn't even acknowledge her presence, she called to her: "Drita, is there a reason for you to scold Ceri?"