Chapter 3. He Skateboards

"And we are going to see your father, because?" I asked Stiles as I propped my foot up on the dashboard of his jeep.

I was nestled comfortably in the passenger seat, scrolling through my phone as he drove to the Sheriff's station. He showed up at my house this morning without so much as a "Hello," and he demanded that I got dressed and went with him to see his dad. I had a feeling he wanted his father to do some research on a certain teenage boy that happened to stumble into our lives last night but I could be wrong.

Stiles glanced at me hesitantly, "You're gonna think I'm a paranoid psycho."

"I already think that," I responded with a laugh.

His eyes narrowed as he focussed on the road, "There is just something off about Theo. I can't say what it is, but I just know it. Maybe my dad can look into it and fight something helpful or useful, even."

I was right, this whole mission was about Theo. I'm sure that Stiles gut instinct is right, I mean most of the time it is. Granted, he also doesn't trust Liam and I think Liam is trustworthy. He looks up to us and I doubt he would ever do anything to hurt us on purpose. Stiles also thought that Kira was dangerous in the beginning, and he was sort-of right I guess. If she were to turn on us for some unknown reason she would be dangerous, but she's totally on our side. The only person he was 100% right about was Peter, which I totally backed him up on. Even when Scott thought he was trustworthy and trying to help us... I knew we still couldn't trust him.

"You might be overthinking things like you tend to do, Stiles." I suggested, praying that he wouldn't get defensive over it.

He shrugged, "Or I could be totally right. You remember the Matt situation? Hm?"

Whenever there was ever reason to doubt his judgement, he threw the Matt situation into play. Yes, he was totally right about him and we slightly overlooked him. I will admit that he was spot on in that adventure, but that can't mean that every time someone new comes into our life we have to give them this sort of treatment. For some reason, I don't want to believe that Theo is "evil". Maybe it's because that means we have to add another bad guy to the list and I'm sick and tired of adding names to that particular list.

"Stiles," I sighed as I looked over at him, "if it's really that important to you, I'll entertain the possibility that he's evil."

"Thank you," he huffed as he pulled into the parking lot of the Sheriff's station.

Once the jeep was in park, we climbed out and made our way inside the building. The atmosphere was calm, the deputies were working on their computers and you could hear the sound of keys being clicked on several different keyboards. Stiles' dad was at the front desk when we walked through the doors. He glanced over his shoulder when he heard the door open, when his eyes landed on us he sighed loudly.

"What are you two doing here? Don't you have school?" he asked, making his way to his office allowing us to follow him.

Stiles was on it as he quickly sped after his father, "I need you to look into somebody for me. His name is Theo Raeken, okay? I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

We were now standing in his office and he folded his arms over his chest, "Please go to school."

"Dad, this kid is a werewolf." Stiles responded, as if that was clearance for his father to care more about the situation.

His dad blinked several times, "Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating an Admonere, which I'm still not even sure what that is. Not to mention, I still don't know what Kira is supposed to be on top of that. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."