Chapter 27

Uh...hope you like it.
Only a filler. Very short.
The memories were strange enough. Playing fast like little clips. Changing before she got any meaning out of them. What came after, though, was even more questionable. Artemis made out two parts of it. There was the pain. And then there was the silence. In her opinion, though, the silence was worse than the pain. A gray haze that came in between the moments of torture. But anticipating a pain once felt was worse than actually going through it again. It gave her time to remember it vividly, then dread it. Her head though...that was another story.... As absurd as it would sound, Missie was certain that her noggin was vibrating.
She was now in a period of Silence which was longer than the others.
Think it's over now.
She was startled at the voice in her head.
Thomas? She asked.
Who else?
I don't mean to be rude, but what exactly are you...why are you in my head...how are you in my head?
Thought you needed some company. And I thought we'd gotten over the initial shock of the 'voice in the head' thing. Thomas replied.
Yes, but I'm in the middle of the Changing. How dare you interrupt my Changing? She asked.
It's my Changing too you know...I think.
Missie was startled. You got stung? Oh my gosh, Thomas I'm so sorry! It's my fault-
Missie, I didn't get stung. Thomas said.
You...didn't... Then how...?
Don't freak out... I wanted to help you out, Missie...
If Missie had control over her face, she would've scowled.
Thomas...
All I did was... You... I was scared for you. Next thing I know I'm out and in random states of pain. Thomas said, sound confused.
Random states of pain...me too.. She said.
Did you remember? Thomas asked.
Yes...
Missie was about to ask if he'd remembered as well but she was plunged into darkness, she drifted off into unconsciousness.
Vote and comment please.