24| Plans, plots and plot twists ✔️

One Sided Love - Mandy More ^)

***
Find a heart that will
love you at your worst
and
arms that will
hold you at your weakest

***

I drifted in and out of consciousness occasionally hearing a few distorted voices floating above me. Everything seemed hazy, their voices, their movements and even the thoughts in my head.

Feeling a hand on my wrist, I turned my head to look at the person next to me.

That turned out to be a mistake because a sudden pain shot through my spine and I let out a groan.

"Alpha? Are you okay?" an anxious voice asked me, and I shook my head painfully, trying to indicate I needed help.

The person whoever that was, understood my mime and held my arm as I struggled to get myself into sitting position. The pain seemed to reduce when I sat up. I rubbed my neck wearily as I took in the sight around me.

White wall. White ceiling. White curtain. White bed... Where in the wide world was I?

"I'll just inform the doctor. He'll be coming in a minute." The nurse informed me and I nodded wordlessly.

So I was stuck in the hospital ...

The door opened again and my gaze fell on a girl in front of me. Messy hair. Tear stained cheeks. A complete zombie look on her face.

My sister, Stella.

Her face, however, lit up when she saw me.

My lips curled into a frown as I took in her appearance. How long has this girl been starving herself?

"Aden!! You are finally awake!" She squealed as she launched herself at me. I winced at the pain in my spine when she squashed me in a back breaking hug.

"Miss Carter, " the nurse reproached her, "The way you're squeezing him, he's likely to pass out again."

I shot her a relieved smile.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Stella apologized as she stood up and straightened her clothes. " I wasn't thinking. I got a bit carried away."

The nurse smiled kindly at my sister. "I'll call the doctor. You can stay with him till then. Just try not to kill him."

Stella grinned. "Right. I'll do my best."

I rolled my eyes as the nurse chuckled and shut the door.

"How long have I been here? " I asked, once the old nurse's footsteps faded into the distance.

Her cheery expression dimmed. "Three days."

My facial expression must have asked her my mental question, because she nodded. "Yeah. Three days. We've been worried sick. Mom was hysterical and was crying her eyes out when they said you weren't responding. But then, so were we all."

"I wasn't responding? What do you mean?" I asked her confused.

"Well, by the time we brought you to the hospital, you had already lost consciousness. Plus you hit your head pretty bad when you fell. So when the doctor looked at you, for an instant he thought you were almost gone." She told me.

The look on her face told me how scared they must have been, when he said that.

"But I'm fine now." I reassured her. "Don't worry."