Chapter 5: Little Did He Know ✔

|Andrew|

"Zero likes, zero comments, but two thousand views," I said to Ayden with a smirk on my mouth.

 It was noon and we were on our usual cafeteria table, waiting for our next class.

        It's incredible how people waste their lives in social networks. I posted the photo I took with Riley two days ago, at the restaurant, and it already had two thousand views. I bet Lora saw this. Although, the picture isn't the cutest one, because Riley looks like she has rabies and wants to kill me, but it could still deceive anyone who doesn't know Riley (which it's actually a lot of people).

      But I had fun with her. I don't know how, but she was funny. I guess. I was impressed on how she controlled herself and teased me, but lastly she gave in and did her deal.

Well, I don't like to blackmail people but I was... desperate? Now, I don't know why but I don't care for Lora that much. I only wanted to make her suffer and if she saw the picture, she was absolutely suffering.

The thing that I liked the most about Riley was her cute niece. What was her name? Ah, Olivia. How adorable! I just wanted to squeeze her cheeks and hug her. It’s so odd how the universe works. Such a beautiful thing was in the bloodline of a monstrous creature.

      A hoarse cry interrupted my flow of thoughts. "What?!" Ayden took a last bite of his sandwich and seized my phone to see the picture. "Dude, what the hell? Were you threatening her with a gun while you took the picture? She looks damn mad. No wonder you call her Butch."

     I couldn't believe his idea worked— I'm very surprised myself— now, almost half of our university fellow students were talking about me and Butch.

     I simpered, shrugging at Ayden. "Hey, at least she should be thankful for having this picture posted on Nosepage."

     "Put it like your profile picture," he suggested, grinning mischievously.

     "I told you it's not a real relationship. It's just businesses, nothing else."

      "Tell me again how you got her to go out with you?"

       "I—I—I told her I was desperate, and she has such a good heart," I lied, snickering inwardly, "she's so sweet and she decided to help me out."

       "Well, I'm glad I gave you the idea. For the views of that picture, Lora should be pulling her hairs out by now."

       I chuckled and said to him, "You know, you’re pretty smart when you don't actually try.”

      Like a kid, Ayden summoned his deepest glare.  "Really funny. At least I'm not Butch's girlfriend."

       With that comment, my smile instantly dissipated. “I could be Butch's boyfriend in front of half the campus, but I’m not the player breaking hearts.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means that I’m not lying to her. I came clean to her.” Well, the deal isn’ entirely clean, but he doesn’t need to know that.

“To each their own, man,” Ayden said, shrugging. “To each their own.”

“You’re very lewd, my friend,” I said to him, inclining to him. “Put yourself in their heels.”

“I was born in manly boots, Andrew,” he exhaled, rolling his eyes. “This is a game, man. It’s part of the hunt. If they want to be caught and killed, it’s their fault. Not mine. I just tell them what they want to hear and move on. I’m doing a favor to the good side of the population.”