[08]: THE OTHER LEE

__
CHAPTER EIGHT;
[ THE OTHER LEE ]
[CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER EIGHT;[ THE OTHER LEE ][CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

___

      When Athena woke up again, she woke up to the feeling of a wet cloth seated a top her forehead.

"Glad you're awake." Glenn stated as Athena opened her eyes. "Seems like you needed the rest."

Athena slowly rose, pushing herself up so that she was sitting upright. Her eyes wandered around the room until she met Glenn's gaze. Athena's heart speeding up ever so slightly before she said, "Seems like I can't get a break from you."

Glenn let out a sort of hesitant chuckle. "I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." he said awkwardly, and Athena let a small smile tug at her lips besides the fact that she has gotten feisty with him earlier that day. "I brought you a sandwich." he told her, and Athena looked over at the dresser to see a plate filled with chips and the sandwich Glenn promised.

Athena grabbed it and brought it to her lap, raising one side to her mouth until someone walked into the room. "I never get a break from you either." she grumbled when she saw Rick walk into the room again. "So, what is it now?"

"Your brother." he started off, shifting to his right leg. "His name was Ares, right?"

"That's what I said." she replied as she sipped her orange juice from the small glass. "And his name is Ares. He's still alive."

"How'd you separate from him?" Rick asked Athena, and she took a bite out of the sandwich. "You said you were with your little brother before you came here."

Athena pondered over answering. They weren't going to hurt her, she had spent too much time with them to know that none of them would harm her, besides Shane of course. She could trust Rick, Glenn too. "We decided to split up and scout different areas and meet back at the University in two weeks. Couple things happened along the way that stopped that, which is the exact reason I need to get back to him."

Rick pressed a finger to his temple as if he were stressed because of the situation, "Athena, I wanted you gone, Shane too. H-He convinced me and we were going to have you leave this group. But, but after you saved Glenn's and my life, I couldn't let you go—"

"So if I hadn't saved your lives, I would be gone by tomorrow?" she asked, and Rick shook his head, eyes flickering over to Glenn's distraught face that Athena didn't notice.

"People in the group want you here. I want you to stay, Beth, Maggie, Hershel too. You'd be a great addition to the group, room for one more." He tried to convince her, and Athena slightly smiled at his proposal, but then shook her head.

"That's great, Rick, I'm glad you guys want me here. But I can't stay. I've been planning to leave ever since I woke up the day after I fainted by the fences. I'd love to stay, trust me, but if Ares is alive, I can't just leave him like that."