Chapter Ten

Harry wakes.

Draco isn't there, but he's not supposed to be. That doesn't stop the flurry of worry and nerves from squirming through Harry's belly.

He never understood why people got wedding jitters if they were in love, but now he takes every word back. It's not that he doesn't know he wants to spend the rest of his life with Draco, he's known that for a long time, even before he proposed. It's not the months and months of planning either, Harry doesn't care about every little detail being perfect. Anyway, Narcissa has been so much help Harry feels they should have paid her a planner's fee, but he knows she would never hear of such a thing. It's not that he's worried about relatives fighting or people not showing up, or the catering or the band. All these things are taken care of, what will be will be.

So he tries to pin down what exactly has is stomach churning as he sits up in the guest bedroom he's taken in Malfoy Manor in anticipation of the big day. Is it maybe because this day represents the commitment they're making to one another for the rest of their lives, is it the official nature of it? Or is it, perhaps, that after so much tragedy he's having a hard time believing such happiness is possible?

It is possible, he decides firmly. He can be nervous about everyone looking at him saying his vows, or his first dance, but he's not going to be nervous at the prospect of he and Draco finding happiness. Good things aren't always easy to come by in this world, and if you don't grab them when you have the chance, you can lose them forever.

So he gets up and showers, he dresses carefully in his suit and dress robe, and then lets Ron and Hermione in to fuss over him as his Best Man and Maid of Honour. "Thank you," whispers as they prepare to escort him out the room.

"For what?" Ron asks.

Harry takes both their hands, and squeezes them. "For everything."

They lead him down the staircase of the Manor, making their way out into the ceremony area on the grounds; a sea of white chairs and a white roll of carpet that Harry meets Molly Weasley at the top of. "Oh dear," she cries between sniffles. "You look so handsome." She fusses with the flower in his button hole and smoothes out his lapels. "Are you ready?" she asks, as the music starts up.

Harry nods. He can see Draco waiting for him at the end trying to peak over his shoulder but Pansy smacking his arm and not letting him. He's more than ready.

He spies so many dear faces as he and Molly walk after Ron and Hermione, all smiling and waving and crying. But they all melt away as Harry finally stands in front of Draco, looking incredibly dashing and stealing Harry's heart all over again. The words are a blur, and before he knows it Harry's saying "I do", slipping a new, slimmer gold band over Draco's finger to match his silver engagement ring, and letting Draco present him with a silver to match his gold.

"I do," whispers Draco, and then there's kissing and cheering and Harry can't help but cry just like everyone else. Photographs and food and champagne and dancing, it all becomes a haze of one impossibly happy day that has Harry's face aching from smiling by the time he and Draco are allowed to bid their farewells and retreat to the master guest suit Narcissa and Pansy no doubt spent hours covering in candles and rose petals.

Finally, it's just him and Draco, falling into bed, exhaustion crawling over them and pulling them down into a peaceful sleep. Harry thinks about what he will wake up to tomorrow.

And he is filled with hope.

The End

Thank you for reading, please review! To discover more of my writing, visit www.hjwelch.com and www.helenjuliet.com