23| Secrets and Spies ✔️

(Aden, Kiara and Ashton on top)

***
The most painful situation
in life is when we
are waiting for our loved one
and they are avoiding us

***

A D E N

I was once again in my office going through the reports Evan had sent me

I was once again in my office going through the reports Evan had sent me. It was frustrating how the number of Rogue sightings became more and more common with each passing day.

Yesterday, two of them had been spotted near the pack territory and if it hadn't been for Jayden, our Warrior chief, they would have sneaked into our pack in search of all our top secret documents.

I had to speak to the Guardians soon. The matter was getting out of hand and I could not manage it alone.

GreyHound seemed to be planning something huge soon and it will only be a matter of time before he attacked again. I had to be prepared for any surprise attack and yet so far I had thought of nothing.

Perhaps, it was time to work as a team.

The door opened and Evan stood before me with another stack of papers. I groaned again. This was endless. "More Rogue sightings?" I eye the papers wearily.

He shook his head as he placed them on my desk. "No Alpha. They are a few letters from Delta Carson."

I gave him a curt nod as I picked up the letter on the top. It had been a month since he last wrote and I was anxious about the latest developments, after all. There was another one dated a few days before. Deciding to read the older one first, I tore open the envelope and began to read:

Date: March 29 20xx

Dear Alpha Aden,

Subject was away lately. He disappeared for days at a stretch, leaving no one any clue if his departure.

On March 28 20xx, while Subject was absent, General Zander and General Gavriel held a meeting with the captains. They were discussing something about the Maikoh clan. To my knowledge, the Maikoh clan stopped existing after the 17th century. But from what I heard yesterday, that might not be true. More information about this is unavailable at present.

General Z seems to be planning a attack far East, but what puzzles me is that there are no wolf packs on the eastern coast. This may be a trick, so I will have to get back to you on this later.

Sincerely
Del C.C

Without wasting a moment, I tore open the second one.

Date: April 23 20xx