Sweet Memories

Laughter was ringing inside the house, thou I found it hard to laugh from all the food I ate this night, even Fred was amazed. We all gathered at the living room when we were done with the dinner and my mum suggested we play a game. A game my family is playing every Christmas. We toss a ball at someone and that someone must tell a winter or Christmas memory he remembers.
   And so the game began and we all listened and laughed at the stories of the Weasleys, I had no idea I could laugh for such a long time, until now. George just finished telling a story of how he and Fred pulled a prank at Ron during the holiday and when our eyes met he tossed the ball to me.
"Well..." I chuckled as I looked over to my grandpa. "It was last year when I and the rest of the family received cards, in which was written "Buy your own present!". And we all were surprised by the cards we got for Christmas from him." I laughed a bit so my grandfather took the word.
"Well... I actually meant to send them with checks for everyone. But being the old fool I am I-" But I cut in.
"He came at home asking what happened and why we didn't reply to his cards. And it turned out that he had forgotten to enclose the checks with the cards." Everyone started to laugh, as my grandpa blushed, so I got up and pecked his cheek.
   The game ended soon after that and we all started sharing what were the weirdest Christmas gifts we have received. I suddenly felt hungry, so I went to the kitchen to get a slice of cake and when I returned everyone looked at me with shining eyes.
"What about you, Paige? What was the weirdest gift you have ever received?" Fred asked with a smirk.
"It was your gift, Weasley."
"What was it, deary? " Molly insisted on knowing.
"A frying pan." I laughed out with some, while others stared at me with wide eyes.
"A frying pan?" My grandmother asked with surprise, looking from Fred to me.
"Yes..." The word came out as a chuckle. "It's the reason we started talking."
"And the start of her habit to break my nose." We both laughed, while the rest of the room stared at us with loving eyes, enjoying the love we shared for one another.
   We were so lost in talks that I didn't notice when I ate three more slices of cake.
"Love, you won't be able to sleep tonight from all of the sugar you ate." Fred took my plate away and to make sure I won't take it again, he placed it far away if I have to be frank.
"Well it's a good thing, Fred!" Molly called to her son with her usual kind tone. "She has finally started to eat normally." Everyone in the room laughed as my mum hugged me whispering in my ear that they are all lovely.
  We created wonderful memories this night and I only hoped that there will be more Christmas nights like that one, because I truly enjoyed it. What was left of the night were only the sweet moments and the pictures we took, so we can keep them forever.