"the weirdo from the hospital"

it's my baby's birthday ♡- (wOW so mad I didn't get this update this sooner smh oh well just pretend it's still cal's birthday)

38 | "the weirdo from the hospital"

The feeling of his lip ring brushing against my skin sends shivers throughout my body, and Luke takes a step closer to me, causing me to bump into my dresser. One hand goes to clasp around my waist, his fingers sliding up underneath my shirt and brushing over my hip, and the other reaches out to hold onto the dresser; trapping me.

"You should trust me, baby," he whispers. And just like that I'm completely at a lost for words.

With his head buried in my shoulder, Luke whispers, "Do you remember when I won our basketball game?"

I'm caught off guard, still thinking about his previous statement and it takes me a minute to repeat his question back to myself in my head. Confused, my eyebrows tip together, "Luke wh--,"

"Do you remember Annie?" Luke whispers, his breath softly fanning over the side of my neck. When his smooth hands slide down my hips, lightly skimming over the sides of my bare thighs, I have to stop myself from flushing, and I quickly nod my head.

"Yeah, I remember."

"-- and I said I wanted to know everything about you? You remember that?"

"I do, but I don't understand w--,"

"Good, because this time I have you all to myself and I seriously intend on seeing my request through." When he says this, I frown confused. He wants to talk?

Turning around in his hold, I fix my straps right on my shoulders and look up at him, "Now?"

Lifting his head so that intent blue eyes are on mine, I watch as Luke tugs his ring into his mouth. He nods, "Right now."

And even with my heart is beating an incredibly fast pace in my chest and me mentally praying that Luke can't hear it, I still manage to calmly say, "Okay."

For some reason, here with Luke, laying in my bed in the comfortable darkness of my room, I'm not embarrassed at all. In fact, I'm impatient, and when his lips touch the hollow base behind my ear, it feels like a deep swell of contentment surges throughout my entire body.

"Luke," I breathe.