Chapter 57

I turn around to notice Sam in a tuxedo. My cheeks turn pink from the excitement of it all but especially because he looks so good.

I stare down at the ground. "Calm down, Vi," I whisper to myself.

Sam walks up to me and grabs my hand. "I want to spend eternity with you."

I smile. I can't hide it and I won't.

"I need you to come with me," Sam says as he laces his fingers around mine.

I follow him as further rose petals are thrown at us from above.

He gives my hand a squeeze and takes us around the back of the warehouse where there is a hot air balloon.

I try to remain calm. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," he whispers into my ear as he helps me onto the hot air balloon.

"Alone?" I ask surprised.

"Don't worry, we're safe. I know what I'm doing."

Before I know it, the hot air balloon raises from the ground and I grab Sam's shoulder to support myself as it gently wobbles.

As we get higher, I become like a little kid, pointing at things and cheering.

Sam smiles when he sees me. He kisses the tip of my nose. "I love you."

I wrap my arms around him. "This is amazing. Truly. Thank you."

I point at buildings and at one point we hover over Anderson's Corporations. I jump up and down at the excitement.

"Remember what you said to me once at my balcony?"

I shake my head. "No. I said a lot of things. Which one?"

He smiles. "The one where you'd never seen The Blazon Castle, and how it was always your dream as a kid. How you always drove past and wondered what it would look like inside."

I nod, trying to hide my smile. "Yea, why?"

He points at The Blazon Castle as we hover across it. "Oh my god, Sam!"

My eyes almost pop out of their sockets. We're literally above the castle.

That's when I see it. A bunch of people wearing white in the field, in front of the castle. They're lined up. It doesn't hit me until I look carefully. They're standing in a way that spells 'Will you marry me, Violet?'

I turn to face Sam and notice him on his knees. A small tear escapes my eye.

Sam grabs my hand. "I can't think of a better place to propose, but more importantly I'm glad you're here with me. I want now and forever, and I want it with you. Will you marry me, Vi?"

I begin to cry and frantically begin wiping my tears. "Of course," I say as I slam my body against his.

He slides the diamond ring onto my finger and kisses me hard. He wraps his arms around my body and hugs me. I don't want this moment to end.

The hot air balloon slowly goes down until it lands in front of the castle. Sam places his hands on my hips as he helps me out of the balloon.

"Want to go inside?"

I look at him. "Are you serious?"

"Definitely!"

I hug him. "Of course then."

The door rises down as three men pull the rope. It makes a thump when it hits the ground. "Let's do this," Sam says.

He stretches his arm out and I wrap mine against his. "Let's."

As we walk in, a big empty hall takes us to an even bigger living room. Everything is embroidered and gold and shiny. My mouth remains open as I run my hands through the furniture.

A glimpse of my ring pulls me back to reality. Oh my god! I'm engaged and that to the best man in the world.

"Surprise!"

I turn around to notice Sam's entire family. Daniel runs up to me and pulls me in a hug. "Congratulations! I'm so happy. I knew you were the one for Sam when I first saw you."

Everyone comes up and one by one they wish me. "We'll sit right here, why don't you explore," Sam's mother says.

Sam nods as he drags me through the top floor. I stare out the balcony. "This is breathtaking."

"You're breathtaking," Sam says.

I smile giddily. "I can't believe this."

Sam comes from behind and wraps his arm around me. "Neither can I, but you can't stop fate."

I twist to hug Sam but my hand bumps against something. A loud thump follows. I can hear something shattering. I close my eyes. "Please tell me I didn't break anything?"

I can hear Sam laughing. "Oh dear god!" He says as he continues to laugh. "I've been waiting a while for you to do that."

"Was it expensive?"

"Just a couple hundred thousand dollars."

"What!" I say as I open my eyes.

Another vase. Just my luck. I turn and face Sam. "Don't I make a lasting impression."

"You definitely do."

THE END

[a lot of you have requested for book 2. I can't promise that there will be a book 2 but it depends on how many people want to see Violet and Sam's story continued. If so, let me know. At this point, I do not know what will even happen next or in book 2 but am willing to work on it if there is enough people who want Vi and Sam's story continued]

[book 2 is out and called 'Business No More'. Check my profile to find and read the book]