43 Letting off steam

"Stupid Wataru! That good-for-nothing has no idea!"

Yuna stomped onto the sidewalk. Where should she go? She looked to the left, then to the right and decided to go in that direction. It was already night and only a few people were on the street. The less, the better, so she had some time to sort out her thoughts.

She had lost two more days. How should she ever have her revenge on Tirr, if she always failed? And where the heck was Yoshiro? He was the professional. He should eat a couple of Oni for breakfast.

The high school student paused. She focused on her inner being. Where did all this anger and frustration come from? Wasn't she unable to feel anything? The blue-haired looked at her hands. Was that really her? Who was she?

"You silly girl."

Yuna was grabbed by the hair and pulled into a side street. She fell, rolled over and came to rest on her stomach. She immediately pushed herself up, but got a kick in her face and was thrown on her back. She searched for her attacker.

"Haruto!", she yelled.

"Oh. So you know my name. Then you can apologize to me now, bitch." His nose was covered by a thick plaster.

"Looks like you want another beating." Yuna grinned at him. Damn it. Why did she provoke him more? Oh yeah ... invulnerability.

"You're out of your mind, small one. I don't want to beat up a little girl, so apologize well-behaved to me."

"The last time I've beaten you. Have you already forgotten? Or have you suffered a concussion?" Defiantly, she stared at him.

"Wow. You've really got balls, girl. I've seen harder people whine in front of me after I was done with them."

"I doubt it.", Yuna remarked.

"Enough of your games. Apologize."

The girl got up on her feet. "No."

"Come on. I won't tell anybody. This is between you and me."

"Of course. You can't tell your buddies that a schoolgirl beat you up. Again."

Haruto gritted his teeth. "Last chance, sweetie."

"Fuck you."

"Okay. I've warned you."

He stormed up to her and struck Yuna's face. She dodged to the side and kicked Haruto in the ribs. He quickly got a hold of her by pressing his elbow against his ribs.

"I train martial arts. The last time you caught me by surprise.", he explained.

"Really? I only hear your whining all the time. Show me what you've got."

"You'll be sorry for this."

With his free arm he pounded on her kneecap. The expected break of the bones did not happen. Irritated, he looked at the girl.

"Was that all?", smirked Yuna.

"What the hell?"

The blue-haired pulled up her free leg and threw herself against Haruto. Then she pushed off from his chest to squirm her stuck foot out of his grasp. Her heightened reflexes jumped in and whirled her with a back-flip about two meters away from him, where she landed on her feet. Speechless, the martial artist looked at her.