4

I realised that it was a Friday afternoon and I haven't called my mom yet to let her know that I have settled down and that I loved my new home. I added my mom's contact into my new phone just as Aubree and I walked into the front door to see my dad and another man concentrating on a piece of paper in front of them, talking to each other quietly.

"Hi dad," Aubree chirped as I closed the front door behind me. "Hi man."

"Aubree, don't be disrespectful," my dad pointed out seriously before giving the man an apologetic smile. "Chris, meet my two beautiful daughters, Thea and Aubree."

"Hi Chris," I said with a small smile as he eyed me carefully before a smile lit up in on his face.

"Hi girls, did you have a wonderful day at school?" Chris asked.

Aubree and I looked at each other and just shrugged before I made my way to the fridge without saying anything else.

"Dad, Thea and I got invited to a party tonight," Aubree started confidently as she picked up an orange juice. "Are we allowed to go?"

Dad frowned at the both of us as his eyes darted back and forth from Aubree and I. He sighed and nodded his head which made a smile appear on my face. "Be careful girls and don't come home drunk or I'll have to investigate everyone who was at the party."

"I'll help him," Chris added, earning a chuckle from my dad.

"Yes sir," Aubree and I said simultaneously before saluting him which earned a laugh from the two men.

Aubree and I retreated back into our rooms as I jumped onto the bed and took a sip of my orange juice before carefully setting it down on the night stand. I tapped on my mom's phone number and waited for it to start ringing.

"Hello?" my mom's voice rung into the air for it was on loud speaker.

"Hi mom," I squeaked, feeling bad that I haven't called her earlier.

"How's everything, darling?"

"I love it here."

"I'm glad," she replied sadly.

"How are the twins?"

"They send their love," she answered before my stomach turned at her next words. "I've got to go."

I didn't get a chance to say bye before she hung up as I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I took in deep breaths before my bedroom door swung open and revealed Aubree with a pair of outfit in her hand.

Aubree was now wearing a pair of black jeans and a thick white bralette.

"Did I interrupt something?" Aubree questioned in hesitation as her eyes made their way to my phone that rested on my hand.

"No," I answered, a little too quickly.

"Girl, you need to lighten up because we have a party to go to and I'm sure it will help you take your mind off things," Aubree replied with a soft smile before throwing me the clothes that she was holding. "Get dressed."

I glared at her and nodded before making my way towards the bathroom and changing into the clothes that Aubree had bought for me. I changed into a pair of white jeans and a leather brown belt with a thick black bralette.

I walked out and glared at her as she batted her eyelashes innocently.

"Are we supposed to twin?" I asked as she bursted into giggles.

"You're smart, Thea," Aubree answered before taking out her iPhone 6 and dragged me into my closet where I realised a full length mirror had been recently installed.