Chapter Thirty Six : Crush And Wine

*May contain grammatical errors*

******

The event went extremely boring for Byron as he stood against the wall not wanting to socialize against the crowd. It was not that he was anti social but this time he had a reason which he could not find and that made the function overbearing. The noise of the people was starting to irritate his ears as he waited eagerly for the blue eyed angel to suddenly make her appearance in the crowd for him.

He had been having a false concept in his mind about Rose being a maiden. Not that he couldn't say that she wasn't a virgin and even that fact did not bother him. They were in a more advanced and blending society where females had the right to chose themselves a partner. Little did he know that this was not the case.

Peevishly, he cracked his knuckles and stretched a little. He already drank four glasses of wine and it seemed to have started getting heavy on him.

Vampires were not affected by wines easily, but Byron did.

Byron walked among the people and found a man smiling at him. He didn't seem to recognize him until the man himself waved and reached to him with his widening smile.

The man introduced himself as Ritter. Soon, Byron recognized him as the same minister who associated his matters with Henry. Henry hardly ever spoke for long terms with Byron after the signing of their peace treaty. He always found himself as Henry's subordinate used for providing pounds and men which he considered meagre but it cost a huge fortune to Byron.

Byron was not good at holding grudges which was one trait of his positive nature but he didn't have a personal liking towards Henry either. He wasn't his friend but Byron addressed him as one because speaking of surrendered king would mean a defeated and submissive in the eyes of people and Byron being a man of honor wouldn't want that. He never wanted his secret out. Besides, Henry didn't mind him being acknowledged as his friend as long as Byron did as told.

The minister spoke to him lightly and he was glad that it wasn't something about the kingdom or his duties. Byron smiled fakely at Ritter but his mind constantly wandered around without absorbing a single word of Ritter.

Suddenly, he noticed people looking at the large stairs in awe so, he followed his eyes in the direction only to be charmed from his heart.

She descended down slowly and nervously in her peach off-shoulder gown with a black toule bow on the small of her back. Her long, raven hair were beautifully styled and her head crowned by a sapphire tiara that matched her eyes. Her neck was graced with a diamond necklace and a pink crystal bracelet encircled her left hand. She was a walking painting, he thought. Fresh like a spring and mysterious like winter.

Carefully clutching her gown with her black laced hands, she stared around before stepping further. Her pink tainted cheeks added to her adorable self and he found it quite amusing.

Byron excused himself from Ritter and started taking confident strides towards her with his gorgeous smile but stopped midway when he saw someone blocking his view.

Henry got up to her and gently took her hand in his that Byron had been longing to touch.

Her nervousness vanished in seconds and it was replaced with her charming smile. Sadly, it wasn't meant for him but Henry. She looked up at him as he led her down and when they had stepped down, Byron felt his heart cracking up.

Henry took her by her waist and placed a kissed on her lips. Byron secretly wished if it was him instead of Henry. A moment later, Byron's eyes landed on the sparkling ring on her finger.