A Month To Live (17)

'Oh my, God you did not just throw up all over the floor!' I heard Kyle exclaim from the other side of the kitchen door. Perhaps I shouldn't go in quite yet... there was still time to turn around. I sighed and shoved open the door, my eyes widened at the scene in front of me.

Kyle was holding up a very drunk Remi and there was sick all over the floor and kitchen cabinets. I covered my mouth with my hand, not knowing what to say.

'How much did you have to drink?' I asked weakly, lowering my hand and grimacing. I wasn't one of those people who got queasy around sick but still, I certainly didn't enjoy it.

'Raegan!' Remi yelled excitedly, lurching towards me - or trying to, Kyle held her back.

'Uh oh,' I muttered.

'Yeah, I made the mistake of letting Tara look after her while I went to the bathroom... when I came back they'd already done a number of shots and then I decided it was time to take her home,' he sighed, shaking his head at his own foolishness.

'Wow, she completely managed to miss the sink,' I said thoughtfully.

'Yeah thanks for noticing,' Kyle snorted sarcastically. 'She's lucky puke doesn't affect me anymore... I've been to too many stupid parties and George really can't hold his stomach.'

'What're you- oh my God who threw up?' Bradley asked, halting in the kitchen doorway with wide eyes.

'Me obviously,' I said sarcastically, gesturing to the drunken Remi who was currently taking a nap on Kyle's shoulder. I'd never seen anyone sleep standing up before.

'How much did you let her drink?' Bradley demanded, glaring at Kyle angrily.

I elbowed him in the ribs, giving him a scowl of my own.

'It's Remi's fault that she threw up everywhere not Kyle's! She's the one who decided to drain the entire state of its alcohol supply!'

Bradley turned his glare on me but didn't bite back. He knew I was right.

'Okay, maybe someone should clean up that sick,' I said, ignoring him and pulling a disgusted face as I eyed the mess. 'And I'll take care of Remi... get her changed and clean.'

I crept forward slowly, avoiding the sick, and taking Remi by the arm. Her eyes popped open and she groaned in pain. 'Okay, Remi, we need to get you out of here so that the boys can clean up the kitchen,' I said.

'Why do we have to clean up the puke?' Bradley complained.

'Would you rather change your sister?' I asked, putting my hand on my hip.

He stared at me in horror and I pulled Remi out of the room with a laugh. The hard part was the stairs. It took a lot of my energy to get her up.

'Okay, Remi,' I told her, panting slightly. 'Only one stair to go.' She managed to find some strength and hauled herself up the final step.

'Oh, God, Raegan, what have I drunk?' she asked with a groan.

'A lot, simply said,' I replied. 'Let's go to the bathroom and you can rinse your mouth out then we'll get you changed into more er...' I glanced down at her dress which had a few grass and alcohol stains on it. 'Suitable clothes,' I finished.

We stumbled to her bedroom door and I shoved it open, dragging her to the bathroom straight away. I sat her down on the toilet seat next to the sink.

'I blame, Tara,' she slurred. 'She always wants to get wasted!'

'Yeah, but you went along with it,' I reprimanded her like a mother whilst picking up a glass from the side. 'You shouldn't put all the blame on Tara,' I tutted, rinsing the glass out and filling it with cold water. 'Here, swish this around your mouth.'