Eight

A.N. Last chapter before AOU begins. May be a while though as I need the DVD. Yeah I know, I still haven't got it. I'm slow and poor.

-------------------------

It's been a couple of days since I got back and I've never been left alone. There's always someone who wants to see me. That's what I get for being in charge of the Avengers. I only had enough time this morning to get a new tattoo. I got an arrow on my bicep with the word Rise in the middle of the arrow. I've been rising above all the villains for years and been on top for years. The arrow represents my life. I've been pulled back a lot which has resulted in my being pushed forward, like an arrow. God I sound like such a hipster, and I'm bloody 92 years old.

After I got it done, I came straight back to the tower and to my office as I had some paperwork to fill in. Phil had sent me an email about a agreement to track every superhero or any one with powers. It was an idea I came up with years ago but was put aside as they weren't really a lot of people with powers. But now there were (thank you Hydra) we had to make sure people were safe. A knock on my door made me close my mail showing my wallpaper of that Halloween photo that I have in my room. The door opened and Tony popped his head in.

"Hey." I smiled as my best friend looked round the room like he was hiding from someone. He quickly came in and shut the door. He ran to my side of the desk and hid underneath me. "What the hell?" I complained as Tony tried to hide in the smallest gap in my desk.

"Shush. I'm hiding. Keep working, I was never here." He wiggled his fingers down in front of his face before curling up in a ball. I shook my head and went back to my laptop and started emailing Phil. My door then swung open to an angry Pepper. Oh god, not hurricane Pepper. I can't anger her. She'll kill me.

"He's under the desk." I pointed to Tony without hesitation.

"Oh come on!" Tony complained before popping out from under my desk. "No fair."

"Tony. You gotta go to this meeting or I will end you." Pepper folded her arms and challenged the man of Iron.

"Never. You can't make me." Tony stropped like a little kid being asked to clean something up.

"But I can." I looked up at him and his expression changed then.

"What time, honey?" He smiled at Pepper and Pepper winked me a thank you. Pepper nodded for him to leave and he did.

"Girl power." I told Pepper and she smiled before leaving, closing my door behind her.

***The Next Day*****

Me and Steve had time on our hands so we decided to actually look at the venues that sent constant emails to everyone. Some were nice, some were small, some were just icky.

"How about the hotel?" Steve asked as we ate cheetos. Wedding planning is hard work.

"The rooms not big enough." I said sending a no reply to the hotel, but it was done nicely.