Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Thursday

All the girls sit around in a circle listening to how Carver raped me, Carver didn’t come to say good morning and instead we were left with Labib, Zahin and Toby are so called therapists they’re making us each talk about how Carver raped us and unfortunately choose me to go first.

I keep my eyes down on my dress for today and I’m glad that’s it’s long covering my legs for once.

Once I finish Toby looks at me then gets out of his chair and hands me a tissue.

“It’s Ok to cry Dakota, let it all out but remember tears are weak they won’t do anything except cause a flood” he walks back over to his seat and sits down.

“Alright Lilly you’re next”

“I was in college when it happened, my boyfriend had just left me to go back to my dorms I was about to go in and then he grabbed me and raped me. Once my boyfriend found out I was pregnant he dumped me calling me a slut”

“But you are, aren’t you Lilly? You slept with your boyfriend out of marriage didn’t you?”

“Yes...I thought he loved me”

“Well that makes you a fool Lilly..... Olivia you’re next”

“I was out at the cinema with my friends....we went into the movie and half way through I needed the toilet so I went into the bathroom he followed me but I didn’t notice him he bashed the door in and slammed his hand over my mouth and he raped me”

“You shouldn’t have left your friends? You were safe with them but you left them it was your fault Olivia you can only blame yourself” Toby says and Olivia bursts into tears.

“No it wasn’t my fault I didn’t ask to be raped!”

“You will not raise your voice to me Olivia unless you are asking to be punished!”

Olivia puts her head down trying to calm her tears. “Yes Toby”

“Good now that we are calm, Sophia talk to me”

“I was waiting for my older brother to pick me up from band practice so I went outside to wait on him. Carver dragged me behind a dress and yeah”

“Again you’re fault you should have stayed within the safety of the ground, Chloe”

“I fell asleep with my window opened and was awoken by him trying to take my clothes off....my husband he was at work and I knew if I shouted I wake my son so I gave up and let him rape me”

“What’s your son called and how old is he?”

“I won’t tell you Carver have him killed I won’t allow you to do that”

“His name Chloe”

“Never!”

I turn my head towards Chloe and take her hand squeezing it letting her know that I’m here, I had no idea she has a husband and a child.

“The name Chloe, I can call Carver he will get the name out of you and then he will bring your son here and kill him before your very own eyes and he won’t just shoot him he’ll make it a very slow painful death, so what’s it going to be Chloe?”

“Please don’t kill my son he’s only two please he’s just a child....his name’s Braylon”

“Thank you he will be placed into the care of whoever Carver sees fit”

“You mean I’ll never see my son again?”

“No he’s no longer your son....Jessica”

“I was at a party he spiked my drink and then raped me”

“Is that all?” Zahin questions staring at her

“Yes”

“OK Ruby you’re up”

“He raped me at my work place”

“What do you work as?” Toby asks her

“A shop assistant....I was the only one on that night it was quiet when he came in and then he you know”

“Eve your turn”

“I was visiting my sick grandfather in the hospital I was on my way to the cafeteria when I was pulled into the closet and raped”

“Amelia go”

“He posed as a police officer investigating a noise complaint my parents were out of town when it happened”

“And finally Ava”

“I was walking past this house and he got me”

“Good, that was a great session today girls I think you’re all one step closer to understanding that your rapes were your own faults”

They get up out of their chairs and leave the room just when we are about to cry and comfort each other the door slams open revealing a angry looking Carver.

“Good evening ladies” he says

“Good evening Carver”

“Little one front and centre”

I walk over to him holding my breath and Cruz and Frank come through the door with smirks planted on their faces.

“Did you know that your father used to belong to a gang?”

“No” I whisper

“Well little one he did....did he send you here to kill me?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“It’s lucky for you that you don’t but someone else isn’t going to be so lucky....whoever you are I will find out and the last thing you will hear are your screams begging me to keep you alive......Kiss me little one I’ve had a hard day at work”

I shake my head and start backing away from him.

“I thought you learned your lesson yesterday when I ask you to do something you do it! You are so lucky I have a meeting to attend right now but not lucky enough because Cruz and Frank don’t need to come with me” he looks over at the two of them “Rough her up a little I will have her submission”

“No problem Carver we’ll have her jumping at your every word once were done”

“Until you learn obedience little one that baby is mine not ours” and with that he leaves slamming the door in a foul mood. I just stare at the door until I feel a strong blow on my jaw.

“I’m going to show you just how little you are Dakota” Cruz says rolling up the sleeves of his shirt.

“You think you can just ignore Carver’s demands his wishes well I have news for you sweetheart you can’t”

Another blow is delivered to my jaw and after that the both of them take turns hitting me, slapping me hard. My vision becomes blurry and I fall to the floor.

“That’s right stay on the floor show everyone just how little you are” Frank shouts

He brings his hand down aiming for my stomach and just as I think he’s going hit me Cruz grabs his wrist “The baby Frank!”

“You’re so lucky you’re pregnant Dakota because if you weren’t I beat the hell out of you right now” Frank spits “Leave her there....the girl who tries to help her is next” and then they both leave.

No one helps me and so I sat lying on the floor crying myself to sleep. I dream of dying at Carver’s hand, maybe death would be better but this little life inside of me deserves so much more he deserves to live and what’s more is I want him to live so from now on I have to obedient to Carver’s every word.