Chapter 17

"Aaron! I said I'm okay!" I snap, brushing my coworker aside as he asks me for the 8th time if I'm alright.

"Anna will you listen to me!" He yells. "Look at your fucking face!" He reaches up and touches my forehead. I wince, and his hand is brought back to my view soaked scarlet.

I wipe the side of my face, feeling my sleeve get wet, and the blood dripping and smearing all over my face.

"I'm fine." I say quietly, the pain finally coming.

"I'm calling the police." Chia says and rushes to the back.

"Zane is going to freak." I say, beginning to stand up.

"No stay down!" Aaron tells me, placing his hands on my shoulders and keeping me below the window.

"Aaron what the hell?" I say, trying to shove him off of me, but he barely budges.

"Anna. I said stay down." He says in a harsh tone: one I've never heard from him before.

"Why?" I ask him, but I obey his command.

"Did it not occur to you that nothing happened when Chia and I were by the window, but right when you come into view, someone tries to throw a brick at your head?" His words make my blood run cold.

We hear sirens, and I feel blood drip off of my face and onto my hand. I watch as Aaron peaks over the display shelf and out the now ruined window. He looks around for anything suspicious, before letting me know the coast seems clear and helps me up.

"It was probably just a coincidence. You know me, I'm always at the wrong place at the wrong time." I tell him as I brush off the glass shards. "Just some kids screwing around." I say. I go to pick up the brick when Aaron shouts at me.

"Don't pick it up!" He yells.

"Jesus Aaron stop screaming at me!" I yell back. "Why can't I pick it up?"

"It could have finger prints on it or DNA. Don't you ever watch detective crime shows?" He asks, seeming exasperated at me that I don't know why I can't pick up the cursed brick.

"No." I say shrugging. "Grey's for days!" He shakes his head at my crazy Grey's Anatomy obsession.

"Over here officers." We hear Chia say, and soon we see her leading two officers and forensic officers to where Aaron and I are standing.

"Sir, Miss, if we could have you step over here for some questioning. Please be careful not to disturb the scene to much." He gapes at the cut on my forehead. "And Wilson? Get one of the paramedics here to look at her head." He tells another officer, who talks into his radio.

After a quick Q&A, seeing no one really saw anything, I'm now sitting on the back of an ambulance with a paramedic giving me sutures on my forehead, while trying to phone Matt.

"Ow. Damn Matthew pick up. Ow" I say instinctively, and the paramedic apologizes once again. I wave it off, letting them know to just continue and ignore me.

"Sergeant Starks speaking." Oh thank God.

"Matt!" I say, jolting a bit, causing the paramedic to flinch.

"I'm almost done, Miss." The paramedic says. "If you could just hold still for a few more minutes."

"I'm so sorry." I say before I turn back to Matt.

Matt starts firing questions. "Who is that? What is he doing? Where are you?"

"Matt shut up and listen." I snap at him, and the paramedic laughs as he finishes stitches up my wound and wiping the blood off my face. "Something happened at work." I tell him as I jump off the back of the ambulance.

"Miss, it was just glass that cut your forehead, correct?" The paramedic asks as he takes off his gloves. "I'm just making sure so we know whether or not to take you to the hospital for a head CT."

"Hospital? Why do you need to go to the hospital?" Matt practically yells in the phone.

"I honestly have no idea." I tell the paramedic, ignoring Matt's shouting and ranting on the line.

"Well then you'll have to go just in case. Head injuries will not be taken lightly." He says, motioning his partner to come over while helping me into the ambulance.

"Aaron, Chia, I have to go to the hospital because of my head!" I call out, and they call put saying that once they finish here they'll head over.

"Matt?" I finally turn back to the phone that I forgot about. The line is dead, meaning one of two things: we lost connection, or he heard I was going to the hospital and decided to meet me there.

The ambulance jerks forward, letting me know that we're on the move. I begin to feel tired. I lay my head down on the gernie bed thing and my eyes begin to droop.

"I'm a little tired." I yawn, and the paramedics jump up. "I think in going to nap." I close my eyes.

"Annalise." The girl paramedic gently shakes me. "We can't have you fall asleep. Stay with us."

I hum a little, and give into the sleep.

**Matt's P.O.V**

I quickly hang up the phone and shrug on my jacket. I rush out of my office when I'm stopped by the only man ranked above me.

"Starks, where are you going?"

I lazily salute him. "Sorry, sir. Annalise is in the hospital." I tell him urgently.

"Aw hell what happened?" He asks. Every one of the guys seem to love Annalise, so obviously when the ones around us hear, the all seem just as worried as I am.

"I don't know. She called and said something happened at work, then she was talking to a paramedic that said she had to go to the hospital, and then she hung up on me." I say frantically.

"Well get out of here!" Chief seems to yell at me. I nod, rushing past him and out the door.

I get to the car and speed to the hospital, not caring about cops.

I run into the doors, where I see Annalise's co-workers. They see me and stand up.

"Matt-" Chia says, but I cut her off.

"What happened? Is Annalise alright?" I ask, looking around for and doctors who might have and answers.

"It's probably best you sit down." Aaron says. "It's not very good at the moment."

My heart seems to stop as he says those words.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tada! Here it is. It's another cliffhanger I know, but don't worry! She's not going to die. I'm not that kind of cruel author.
And even if I was going to kill her, it would not be this early in the book! I mean, I have so much planned out!!!

Guys!!! I already have the idea for the ending and a friggin sequel!!!

Yeah. You read that right.

A sequel.

And
I
Am
So
Pumped
For it.

I wonder how many of you actually read this.......

No matter, it's kinda just like I'm talking to myself, like I always do, so no biggie.

.......

My life is kind of sad....

Okay sorry....sorry....I'm done.

Hope you liked it!!

~QuackingDuck~

Comment if you guys actually read this....