1 | Wake Up Call

It was completely silent on the Planet Alderaan as I slept away in my bed. All that was heard was the sound of the wind blowing through the mountains.

Nobody was worried about a thing, because there wasn't anything to worry about.

At least that's what most of us thought.

I was woken to the sound of a shot going off in the distance, causing me to jolt up. That's when a dart flew through my window, sticking into my pillow.

The doors to my bedroom were thrown open as my Father and his guards ran inside. The guards attended to the small object; still sticking out of my pillow as my Father pulled me onto my feet.

"Father, what is happening?" I asked as he held his grip on my arm.
"You are not safe here anymore, Lydia." He told me. "You must leave."

My eyes widened. "No! I will not leave Mother!"
He stopped and turned to face me. My eyes began to fill with tears as he stared at me.

"Your life is at risk, Lydia! You will be killed if you stay here!" He shouted at me, causing me to flinch.
"Where will you take me?" I asked as we walked inside of the main room of the Palace.
He didn't answer as he closed the doors, locking them.

-

The sun beamed into the main room as Guards stood, along with my Father, and my ill Mother. She sat on her float, her weary eyes on me.

"What are you doing, Father?" I asked, my eyes scanning on everyone who seemed to be waiting for something or someone.

"I told you, Lydia. You are not to stay here anymore until we find out who is trying to assassinate you."

I pushed my hair off of my shoulders and sighed. "This is completely unnecessary."
"That's what you think." He retorted.

I never have been close to my Father. Growing up, he became one of those I chose not to be around. He chose his job over his ill wife, and young daughter.

I stood from my seat and flattened the material of my dress as the doors opened; each guard stepping aside.

A man dressed in a beige tunic with auburn colored hair stepped inside, and I knew who he was as soon as I seen the belt around his waist.

A Jedi.

He bowed to each of the guards before turning and motioning for someone to walk along.

My eyes focused on a man with wavy hair as he stood next to the older Jedi. His bright blue eyes scanned the room before meeting mine.

"Sir Jonu, it's wonderful to see you again." The older one spoke suddenly, extending his hand out to shake my Father's.

"Master Kenobi, thank you for coming."

My blood ran cold as my Father looked at me, along with the man.

"Master Kenobi, this is my daughter, Lydia."

The man smiled as he took my hand in his, kissing it. "Princess Lydia, it's a pleasure to meet you."

I smiled in return. "Thank you, Master Kenobi. But I find this act of protection unnecessary."
He shook his head. "It is not unnecessary, Milady. Someone has put a threat on your life."

"Anakin?"

Master Kenobi turned to the boy, motioning for him to stand forward. The beautiful blue eyes met mine again as he bowed.

"It's a great pleasure, Milady." He told me.
"Thank you."

Master Kenobi turned back to my Father, allowing him to speak.

"I want Princess Lydia to be taken to Coruscant. She is no longer safe here, and I trust you both and the Jedi to keep her safe." My Father said, leaving me to sigh.

"Don't worry, Sir Jonu. We will indeed protect your daughter."

"She is in your hands now." He said, looking back at me. I looked away quickly, focusing my eyes on my Mother who smiled at me.

I did not want to leave my Mother. Being ill ever since I was born; leaving me to think it's my fault she's like that.

"We may leave when you are ready, Milady." Master Kenobi said to me.

Two guards were at my side instantly, setting two suit cases down. I looked up at my Father.

"We packed yesterday."

I didn't say anything as I went to pick them up, but Anakin stopped me.

"Allow me, Milady." He said, lifting them into his hands. My eyes caught his right hand, showing a black glove.

I sent him a friendly smile as he walked towards the doors, Master Kenobi and I following.

I stopped and ran to my Mother, leaning down to her height. She smiled as she lifted my hands in hers, squeezing them gently.

"You will be safe now, my love." She whispered, pressing her lips to my forehead.

"I don't want to leave you, Mother." I cried.

Her fingertips dabbed away the tears that spilled down my cheeks. "Don't cry."
I inhaled before pulling away, looking at my Father.

Instead of embracing him, I stared him in the eyes.

"Take care of her." I demanded. "Do not neglect her."

He nodded before kissing my forehead. I turned to see Master Kenobi and Anakin standing in the doorway, waiting to take me to Coruscant.