something new

listen to 'Fall' by Ed Sheeran at the asterisk!!

-

Never once in my life would I ever think that the jingling of keys would be so exciting. It was Shawn and I's first house, away from the apartment buildings and torn rugs of the hallways. No elevators, no neighbors two feet away, and no walking down flights of stairs to get to the mail. It was our house, our first house, and a beautiful one at that.

Shawn was still in his tuxedo and I was in my beautiful gown that I never wanted to take off. Our hands glowed with the rings on our fingers, and our eyes had matched the same intensity, looking at each other with so much joy and happiness. Never had I ever looked at someone with so much love, and never had I ever experienced how it was like to feel like I'm important in someone else's eyes. Shawn never failed to keep me feeling that way.

As Shawn opened the mahogany door, my veil got caught in to the hinge of the frame. Embarrassing I must say, but Shawn and I both laughed it off as he helped untangle the fabric, being ever so careful in not ripping the adorn fashion piece. He grinned as the veil let loose, kissing my pink, heated cheeks with a loving feel I never wanted to forget.

"So, what first?" I asked quietly, playing with the sleeve of his jacket as we both took a minute in taking the moment in. Looking over at Shawn made the time better, seeing his face smile when his eyes landed on me. He loves me, I thought, he really loves me.

Without a word, he gave another loving kiss on to the hollows of my blushed cheeks and another on top of my temple, transferring an electrifying feel throughout my body. He gently tightened his hand around mine, walking over to the old stereo that rested on top of the dusted, oak shelves in the corner of the living room. Shawn let go of my hand, pressing a few buttons and then walking in to the middle of the room, pushing over the glass coffee table against the white wall.

*

The music began to play when he turned around with a smile, offering a hand for me to soon grab. "May I have this dance?" He said cheekily, roses blooming over his pale face like the summer.

I grinned, nodding at the same time as I trudged over to Shawn, taking his hand. One hand around his shoulder, and one interlocked in his, feeling the touch of his large hands against my waist. It never bothered him that my waist was not as small as other girls, nor as perfect. Matter of fact, he didn't care that my imperfections listed long, nor that I let my insecurities get the best of me most times.

To the beat of the slow song, I rested my head against Shawn's shoulder, then feeling his chin rest upon me. He took the lead, swaying slowly, letting the music take control of our loving hearts and souls.

"You're the one, _____," He whispered words that travelled through my hair. "You're the one, baby."

I smiled, tears happily ruining my makeup that took hours to apply. I didn't care. Never in my life had I felt so happy. "Thank you, Shawn."

"For what?"

"For choosing to stay," I muttered, letting go of his hand to wipe away my cold tears. "For loving me when nobody else did."

He smiled, resting his soft forehead against mine. We rested so close, feeling each other's breath softly fan against our skin. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I replied, and after that, we let the music do the talking, allowing our feet to dance with the rhythm.

To break the silence, Shawn began to hum the words, but I didn't mind. His voice sent beautifully filled chills down my back, and goosebumps to play with my cold skin.

"And I will fall for you
And I will fall for you
If I fall for you
Would you fall too?

You and I
Learning to speak
With kisses on cheeks

You and I
We're lifted
Over the edge

And I will fall for you
If I fall for you
Would you fall too?"

I softly pressed my lips against his, staining his lips with Mac gloss, only to receive a shared laugh between the two of us as he kissed me once more. "To the start of something new." I mumbled.

"To the start of something new, love."

-

i was looking through wedding photos and they all look so cute :')

comment & vote babes

xoxo,

sas