IX

Cassidy and Anna...

------------------------------------------------------

Cassidy's pov-

Someone is coughing and I can hear it, slowly i opened my eyes to see Dexton was now awake and was trying to sit up straight from my lap.

I helped him and rushed towards his table which had a glass of water in it, i handed it to Dexton and started rubbing his back so that his coughing would stop.

Me and Dexton stood in an uncomfortable silence looking at each other, i wonder for how much time him and I were sleeping, tuning away from Dexton i looked at the watch in my hand, for half an hour i was out.

I kept the train of thoughts going on and on when i heard a buzzing sound looking down i realised it was Dexton's laptop he has a video call, Dexton sat on his office chair and picked up the call. I was diagonal to Dexton so was not able to see who it was but whoever it was brought a smile on Dexton's face, "hi grand ma" Dexton said as realisation hit me............granny..........

My parent died in a car accident just after i was married to Dexton since then i was really close to Dexton's family especially grand ma, i used to call her granny. When Anna was born i tried contacting granny but i was not able to reach her.

It felt awkward to stand here when Dexton was having a video chat with grann- his family, i turned on my heel and walked to Dexton's office door i was about to open it when Dexton started coughing again, i rushed towards him and was about handed him a glass of water when i heard a squeal just then i realized granny was able to watch both of us "sunshine, my sunshine" granny squealed again, sunshine..... That is what she always called me it felt good to hear that name again.

I looked at Dexton as he put on a rigid face again and simply stared at granny "she is just my PA" Dexton said with a disgusted face. I smiled sadly at granny and ran out of Dexton's cabin to the washroom and soon busted into tears.

Do i really disgust Dexton so much? Did he really feel nothing for me? Was our marriage nothing for him? Should i tell him about Anna? Why did he divorce me? Am i really that disgusting? Thousand of questions flooded into my mind and i had answer to none.

The rest of the day went in a blur at 7 i returned to Sofia's place to pick Anna; i took Anna and returned home with Sofia as well because tomorrow was a weekend and Sofia wanted to have a girl's night thingy.

i took Anna to bed and returned out to the hall where Sofia was waiting for me, i told her everything that was going on at the moment and she totally freaked out "god Cassidy, dome day i am going to kill Dexton i mean how can he? He left you and i was there when you broke down i saw you break into thousand pieces and now he walks up to you and when you help him even though you shouldn't he hurts you? How can you even tolerate that guy?" i did not reply and simply stared at Cassidy and suddenly hugged her which she gladly returned and smiled. "Thank you Sofia without you i would have never been able to survive all this"i smiled and pulled back" so you free tomorrow?" Sofia asked as i nodded and she finally said "shopping it is"