S I X T Y - T H R E E

CHAPTER SIXTY - THREE

Sehun's POV

"Father, you do not need to come." Xiumin sighed.

"I'm not letting you all go on that death trap all by yourselves. It's too dangerous." father insisted.

"Last time you almost got killed, it's too risky and you haven't even fully recovered yet." Suho said.

"And you think that's stopping me?" Father asked. "If you all think that I'm letting my kids fight my brother without me then I might as well just return to my coma" he huffed.

"Seriously, you're the kid here father." Luhan shook his head in disbelief.

"Still, you can't make me stay here while you all put yourselves in danger." he said stubbornly.

"If one of us offers to stay here, would you not come?" Lay asked.

Father inwardly groaned. "Question is, would one of you be willing to stay?"

None of us answered. Of course no one would just sit here and wait.

"See? I'll just come along. You'll need me." he insisted.

"You can't go old man, we just want to keep you safe." Tao scratched his head in annoyance.

"I am not asking for permission," father said. "I think you're forgetting that I am the father of this household. You are all my responsibility and it is also my job to keep you all safe." he looked at all of us.

"Look, I know I am not in the best condition yet but you all need me there. I promised Helena that I'd look after all of you," he frowned. "I already failed when Aleister hurt Sehun in front of me and I failed once again when I lost Baekhyun. Please don't let me fail again."

My fists clenched as I looked down. Baekhyun and Paige... I hope they're okay and I hope it isn't too late to change his mind.

"Just promise us you won't act too reckless again father," Kyungsoo sighed in defeat.

"If you get stabbed again, I'll hit you" Chanyeol grumbled.

"That doesn't make any sense, Chanyeol." father deadpanned and Chanyeol just laughed at him.

"Save that childishness for later. I think you're forgetting that we might run out of time." Chen rolled his eyes.

"You're one to talk about childishness," Tao commented.

"Guys," Xiumin sighed as he gave everyone a serious look. "Take the situation more seriously. Be more sensitive, especially to Sehun. Save the joking for later when all of this is done."

Tao and Chen then muttered an apology but I just shook my head. "Don't apologize. It's okay, I know you're just trying to lighten up the situation." I gave out a small smile although it came out a bit forced.

I saw the look of worry in their eyes but no one chose to talk. They already talked to me and comforted me and I am thankful for that but the only thing that can actually make me feel better is if I see Paige and Baekhyun alright with my own eyes.

"Let's go, we can't waste any more time." father said.

I guess we really can't do anything to stop him from coming with us. Before leaving the mansion, I gave one last glance at the living room. I looked at our family portrait, mother in particular.

"We're getting Paige and Baekhyun back. I promise"

Father took the lead as we walked through the familiar path. We passed by the clearing where mother and father met as well.