Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter Ten: The Act

I went on the stupid boat.

And the worst thing was that Kyle had only invited Amelia along as well. I couldn't think of worse company.

Amelia did everything in her power to get Tobias alone, but I was surprised to see that he kept refusing. Maybe he was just being polite in front of me.

After last night I knew to try and avoid Kyle completely, something easier said than done. My best solution was to wedge myself in the corner of the couch with Tobias beside me to block him from sitting next to me. I put my arm in Tobias's to make sure he didn't get up.

But Kyle just came and sat on the arm of the couch, brushing his arm against mine every now and then.

I tried to ignore him whenever he spoke to me, but Tobias gave me a warning glance after Kyle started getting visibly frustrated.

So I only responded with one-word answers. No one could say anything about that. But I knew responding angrily to his constant flirtations would encourage him.

When Tobias left to do God knows what, Kyle took the opportunity to take his seat. He put his arm around the back of my seat, leaning in closer and closer slowly until I could feel his breath on my neck.

He started playing with my hair. I yanked my head away quickly, feeling a shooting pain in my head when he didn't let go of the strand.

Don't get mad, don't get mad, I chanted to myself, but it was getting more and more difficult.

"Stop. It," I growled from between my clenched teeth.

"Tell me you're not enjoying this."

"I'm not."

"You don't need to lie to me, sweetheart. I know it must feel good to get some attention."

"Excuse me?"

"Well we both know you're not getting it from your husband and I'm just trying to help out a woman in need."

"Don't worry about me. My husband is giving me all the attention I need. Maybe even too much sometimes." The lie came too easily.

"You don't need to lie to me."

"Oh trust me, I'm not."

He looked away and frowned. Success! Maybe he would leave me alone now.

When Tobias came back Amelia was following him like a lost puppy, looking dejected.

Had he rejected her? Ha!

As he was about to sit down, his phone started ringing. He glanced down at the name on the screen and excused himself to answer it. I could see him looking angry through the window, and if my lip-reading skills were any good, I believe he said the words "stop calling me". Either that or "stump jingling baby" but that didn't seem realistic.

I wondered who he was talking to. Julia Steinway, I hoped.

Probably not. If those texts I saw were any indication, whatever they had was still going on strong.

When he returned he looked kind of pissed off and I took that as an opportunity to get away from Kyle and his groping hands.

I pulled him over to the other side of the boat into one of the many rooms, happy to finally be away from the other two horny passengers.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"None of your business," he snapped at me.

"No need to be rude. I was just asking."