21

I timidly followed Michael back to Heaven expecting him to lash out at me for causing this end of times war but he paid no attention to me. He simply continued from the portal to the giant castle. I sighed but absently followed at a distance. I didn't want him to yell at me right now. I simply wasn't up for it at the moment. I couldn't deal with him justly hating me because I turned his sister into a psychotic bitch.

"Go to my wing of the castle. I will be there shortly," he said in a clipped tone over his shoulder.

I had no choice but to obey. I wouldn't dare go against him in that moment for fear of how he would react. He wasn't exactly calm or rational.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I waited for what felt like hours but eventually Michael entered the room. I sat up from the bed I had been laying on, where he and I had slept together.

"I owe you an apology, Katrina," he started.

I shook my head slowly, "Don't," I said without looking at him.

"I thought I wanted an apology but I don't. You have every reason to hate me, Michael. I did this. I turned her into this and started a war."

He crossed the room and sat next to me. He took my hand and gently played with my fingers while pondering my statement.

"The things I have said and done to you are unacceptable. When I said you are incapable of love...I said it in anger. I didn't mean it, Katrina. You have been far more loving and accepting when I should have been. You have every right to ignore our bond and I will leave you alone for eternity if that is what you want but trust me when I say it will be nothing short of torture for me."

"Why," I asked weakly.

"Why would I leave you alone?"

"Why would it be torture," I amended.

He lifted my chin to look into my eyes; his thumb gently stroked my cheek as he looked at me.

"I love you, Katrina. I have never loved anything or anyone in the way and intensity that I love you. I will always regret this last century but I hope you can forgive me someday."

I pressed my lips to his in a gentle kiss, channeling my need for him. I didn't just need him physically, I needed him emotionally. I needed his love and understanding.

"I love you, Michael," I responded breathlessly.

I broke away for a moment but he wasn't having that. He instantly pulled me back, kissing me more intensely that ever before. If I thought the first time we were together was amazing, I was clearly mistaken. He didn't care about me before; he just assumed I was a punishment so he regarded me as such. Still, something in me couldn't get Damian off my mind.

"Can you forgive me," he asked as he rested his forehead against mine.

I didn't trust my voice so I simply nodded. I had forgiven him the second he said it and in that moment, I knew I never held a grudge. He could do worse and I would always forgive him.

"I'll always forgive you," I said, my voice staying quiet, "Can you forgive me?"

"There is nothing to forgive. You have never done anything wrong."

"But everything with Damian-"

"If I had told you sooner it never would have happened. If I hadn't refused to see what was right in front of me, you never would have sold your soul. You are a good person, Katrina...You were abandoned by the one person that should have always been there and that is not your fault."

A light smile fell on my lips at his comment. I always knew I needed to feel his acceptance but I never thought it would affect me so strongly. It was like every bad emotion I had felt for every hour the last century no longer mattered. It didn't matter that I loathed myself for a century. It didn't matter that I hated everything I came into contact with. I was happy for once and I prayed it never ended.

"There is something I want to show you," he said as he kissed my temple and took my hand.

I didn't question it; I simply followed him, hand in hand through the castle and out to the free area. I had never been anywhere except the castle so I was rather curious as to where he was taking me.

"I put this together as a peace offering yesterday," he said.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he said with a light smile.