#12

I was running through the woods, with my luck, it had just started to rain. It wasn't any light drizzle, it was loud and cold and was soaked through.

I didn't even have a jacket with me, I clutched the book I had been reading under my top so it wouldn't get wet.

I looked down for a split second to see my shoes were almost drowning in mud and then I collided with something. A sharp pain shot through me like electricity as I reached up to put pressure on the pain. A stupid tree branch had hit me.

I groaned and carried on, finally reaching the school building. I trudged inside and set my book on the table, looking into the long mirror on the wall I realised I had a cut from hitting the tree.

"Ouch, that looks painful. Has Willow been out fighting again?"

I looked into the mirror to see Simon with a stupid smirk on his face. I scowled and didn't answer him.

"Someone's giving me the silent treatment." He laughed, flicking a piece of my wet hair.

"You're an asshole." I snapped, turning back to the mirror.

He studied me for a minute and then grabbed my arm, pulling me around to face him. I became consciously aware of how close I was to him, my heart started beating so loud I wondered if he could hear it.

He pushed back my hair and inspected the cut. Then releasing me, he stepped back. "It's not anything serious."

"Thanks, doctor." I muttered, although my heart was still racing.

He laughed, and I couldn't breathe again. It filled up the empty halls we were standing in and rang in my ears.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Why not?" He replied, not answering the question. "Maybe the real question is, why were you outside in the forest that is restricted?"

"How would you even know that?" I laughed.

"Answer the question." He saw in a low voice.

"Answer mine." I replied.

He smiled. "Alright then, maybe I was waiting for you."

My mouth fell open in shock. "Waiting for me?"

"Maybe I saw you go in and when it started to rain I worried about you." He said, in an even tone.

"Yeah, right. There's no heart in there." I punched him softly in the chest.

He staggered back, pretending to be wounded. Clutching at his chest, he groaned. I couldn't pretend I wasn't enjoying it. He slowly sunk to the floor, and his eyes fluttered shut.

I walked over to him and kneeled beside him. "Simon?"

He stayed completely still and silent but I could see his chest rising and falling. I gazed at him, in awe of how quickly his personality could change.

"Don't look at me like that."

I jumped violently, realising Simon's eyes were wide open and staring at me.

"Like what?" I asked, slightly flustered.

"You look at me like you see something nobody else does." He stated, watching me carefully.

"Maybe I do," I said. He frowned. "Maybe I do see something else."

"What do you see?" He murmured, still lying on the floor and I wondered how it was possible he looked so perfect from this angle.

"You may act like this heartless guy who doesn't care what ends up to him but I see through that." I told him, looking deep into those blue eyes of his.

"I'm bad for you, Willow Evans." He smirked.

"But when you smile, I see the good in you." I wanted to say but I held back, no need to go overboard with my feelings.

I stood up and extended my arm, he grabbed it and I helped him up.

"Goodnight." He said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Night."

I turned to walk away and he grabbed my arm, spinning me around again. "Wait," he gasped "-do you wanna come round my place?"

I smiled. "Okay."

-

I pushed Simon. "Don't." I said in a warning tone as he reached for a cigarette.

He smirked, lighting it anyway. I smacked his hand and it flew out, onto his bed. We both gasped and lurched forward to grab it, Simon was sitting further away so he ended up on top of me. I laughed, loudly and tried to wriggle away.

He realised what was happening and also laughed, we were soon hysterical.

Crash!

The door suddenly flung open and in walked a boy with brown messy hair and blue eyes, not as bright as Simon's but they were still very noticeable.

He awkwardly averted his eyes, staring determinedly at the wall. I looked at Simon who was burning red and that's when I lost it. I snorted with laughter, bringing the blanket up to muffle my giggles but the boy was grinning too and soon we were all choking with laughter.

Nothing in particular was funny but it was just the awkward air that I couldn't stand.

"I'm Harry." He gasped between laughter,holding out his hand. I shook it smiling. "Simon's roommate."

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Willow." I suddenly felt a little shy at the way he was staring at me. Like he knew me, how could that be possible though? I'd never seen him before in my life.

Or had I?