Suggestions

"Time to wake up Lordy!" I cheered soon after I slipped into Lord Plianne's mind and woke him from his forced slumber. Lord Plianne stirred on the ground before slowly raising his head to look blink at the light of the torches that lined the dungeon hallway.

"Wh-where am I?" Plianne croaked.

"You," I said as I crouched down in front of his cell, "are in a dungeon. I know you've never been in one before my Lord, but don't worry none." Lord Plianne sat up and looked around, taking in his surroundings with a horrified look on his face. "I've been in plenty," I continued, "and they're not too scary if you can make the guards open the door for you." I winked at the Lord once his gaze landed back on me and he winced. I giggled to myself as I heard keys clatter together and a lock slide out of place as one of the dungeon guards unlock the Lord's cell.

"You'll need to help him up," I said to one of the guards. He responded with a condescending glare, but them looked at Cress who stood behind me then nodded and walked into the cell to lift the weak Lord to his feet. "You've been asleep for a while Lord Plianne, so you'll feel a bit woozy, but I can help with that." I focused on Lord Plianne and put thoughts of energy and strength into his mind. I made him believe that he was at full health and hadn't been disconnected from his soul for the last few days. It would last long enough to get him to the dining room.

"What are you going to do to me?" Plianne asked as we walked up the stairs of the dungeon.

"Don't know!" I said with a cackle. "Not me to decide. Cress?"

Cress cleared his throat before throwing a charismatic grin over his shoulder to the Lord who stood behind us and in front of Zyn. "I haven't the slightest idea either, My Lord. It is not in my hands to decide your fate. That is up to my father." I felt Plianne's anxiety heighten and in that moment I felt him tug at my hold. I threw a vicious glance at him over my shoulder and made the good feelings I was sending him disappear. Plianne stopped and clutched his stomach with one hand and cradled his hand with the other.

"Oh Saints," cursed Plianne as his face went pale, but before he could be sick, I put my influence back into his mind. "What," whispered Plianne.

"That sickness is what you actually feel like," I told Plianne, stopping to lecture him. "I'm making you feel better and healthy because you've been out for so long you're weak, so you try and make me keeping a damper on your rune any harder than it needs to be, you go back to feeling like death. Clear?"

"Crystal," said Plianne with a gulp. I nodded at him and looked over him to see Zyn with his mouth twitched up. I twitched mine and turned around to continue making our way to the dining room.

After walking in silence for a few more moments, Cress cleared his throat and his manner became slightly nervous. I studied him from the corner of my narrowed eye.

"Lady Laika," said Cress turned his head to look at me. I said nothing in response, hoping it would increase his foolish nervousness. Cress cleared his throat again before saying, "I should inform you that there will be - uh - other guests joining us for this meal." The corner of my mouth curved and I lifted an eyebrow as I cocked my head up to look into Cress's wide green eyes.

"Oh do tell," I cooed. We past two servants in drab emerald clothes, each carrying a basket. The servants stopped and pressed themselves up against the wall and bowed, trying to make themselves as small as possible. I passed through their minds as we walked by and found that they weren't particluarly happy working here. It angered me slightly, but I chose not to dwell on it.

"The King has asked his advisors to attend the meal and he asks for you to not..." Cress trailed off, probably searching for words that would offend me the least.

"To not be crazy?"

"Y-yes," stammered Cress, keeping an eye on me.

"If these advisors treat me well then I shall return such respect," I said calmly, whilst wondering what these advisors will be like. "Who are they?"

"Well father has four advisors," started Cress. "An economic advisor, a foreign relations advisor, a scientific knowledge advisor, and a military advisor. Each of them are very wise and very prestigious and demands as much respect, if not more, as the King. As you know the King is not very good at," Cress paused, scratching his chin while he thought, "thinking for himself and so he relies very much on his advisors. I suggest you play nice."

"I suggest you just let her make a fool of herself and then finally father might have her killed." Kian came out from behind a corner. Whether he was waiting for us there or had been making his way to the dining hall and just so happened to meet us here, I did not know.

"Hello, Charming," I teased as Kian fell in step with Cress and I. Kian did not awknowledge me, but instead glared ominously at his brother. Cress's face turned sour and he stared ahead with a deadly glare.

"I would've thought you were already at father's side like the pet you are," Kian growled.

"I had to pick up the Lady Laika and Lord Plianne first just as father requested of me," said Cress calmly with the angry look still plastered on his face.

"Hm," grunted Kian and I watched as Cress's jaw tighten as well as his fists.

I sighed, stretching my arms above my head. "This is going to be a wonderful meal!"