Chapter 9 - Cookie's Family.

"Harmony! Are you almost ready sweetie?" I asked her looking at myself in the mirror, as she was in her other room.

"Yes!" She yelled back.

I took a heavy sigh.. So today was the day of my mothers funeral. I didn't know what to think.

Seeing all that family, is going to be a nightmare for me. I never felt excepted.

My hair was in a huge mess of pretty curls. I think Aunt Joyce was always jealous of my curly hair.. Most of my family have course hair, but I took after my Persian Father Ive seen before. Just heard stories about, and I remember whenever my Mom talked about him Aunt Joyce would get so mad, and talk about how I was a disgrace to the cause I have most of his genetics.

My mom, and my aunt used to always argue when she said stuff like that.

I shook my head thinking about the memory.

I was gonna wear my curls, but I decided not too. I pinned my hair back and put on my wig I got from down here a few days ago. *In mm*

K.C then came in the room looking fresh with his Armani Exchange shirt on, and his dress pants.

"Looking nice." I complimented him.

He looked at me weird. "You cut your hair? Damn I was with you all night what you do sneak out to the hair salon at 2 am?"

I chuckled. "Nooo idiot.. Its a wig."

"Well take it off."

"Your not my dad, and plus I'm grown."

"Asia take that ugly ass wig off you look like cookie off empire right now, and I'm not feeling it." He said.

I gave him a finger, brushing it. "Its not done."

"Let me see."

"No fool. Bye." I said laughing.

he rubbed the back of his head. "Females I swear.. Why didn't you tell me my girl was leaving this week?"

"Who Sophie?"

"Yeah."

"Oh yeah.. She's homesick so she's going back Friday."

"Are you kidding me? Thats only 2 days I got to make her my girl." He still on this crush shit.

"Boy you know you better quit." I chuckled still brushing my wig.

"Shut up."

Thats when he came over, and snatched my wig off so quick and ran out the room.

"You asshole!" I hollered. He's such a kid sometimes.

The funeral ended only a few hours  ago, and Aunt Joyce invited us to her home for dinner afterwards.

So far she has been sweet to me, but I don't know how long that will last.

We walked into her big house, and was greeted by all these little kids running around.

"Hiiii." One little boy said. It was four of them, and two of them were boy twins. They looked a little younger than Harmony.

Then they're was one boy that looked older, and a girl that looked three. They were at the funeral.

"Hi guys, this is my daughter Harmony." I said introducing her.