Chapter 11

When I awoke I could tell it was morning. The light shining threw the window informed me of this. I felt my muscles ache in protest as I got up. They wanted another hour of sleep, but then again, who doesn't. I got up and looked around. I noticed there was a plate of fruit and a glass of milk on my bed stand but I wasn't really hungry.

I also noticed in one corner of the room was some clothes laid out. There was a pastel yellow sundress and some matching flats. I didn't have anything better to wear so I put it on. It was just the right size, fitting me perfectly. I quickly ran my fingers threw my hair and braided it. I slipped on the flats and went out to the hall.

The hall was deserted. I poked quickly walked down the halls until I found myself lost. How did anyone ever find their way around in this mess? I found myself thinking. I continued to roam the halls until I found what seemed to be a library of some sort. I walked in and picked up a book. I started to read and found myself lost in the pages of this one.

This book had no laws or rules. It also had no fairy tales and perfect princes. This book had no mystery in it. It had no vampires and werewolves fighting for love, or some crap. It was a history book called Pawprints Throughout the Ages. I have always found myself enjoying history books, even when others found them a bore. I read through the pages about Great Alphas, violent rebellions, prophecies, evil packs, Moon Goddesses, and most importantly, werecats. 

It had every single werecat in history. A page for each and everyone of them. Every pride, (Even though there was only eleven) every group, everything of no importance to the things of utmost importance. That made me wonder. What if this book held secrets about my mother. Things that she never got a chance to tell me. So I went to the index and looked for my mother's name. I found it quickly and flipped to the page about her.

Elizabeth White, was a charming little girl. She grew up in the Shadow Paw Pride (Pg. 874) and was mostly referred to as Liz. However, soon after she turned 25 she went rouge. Leaving the Pride for her mate. Later he rejected her, and she went back to her Pride, with her newborn daughter, and begged for them to take her back in. The Pride refused.

Liz swore to seek out vengeance to the Pride and she did. Three years later she returned, with her daughter, and led a werewolf attack on the Pride. She was said to have met with a Alpha and talked him into it. She was said to be wonderful with words. She ultimately destroyed both the Werecat Pride and the Werewolf Pack. Few survived to tell the tale, and the werecats mainly went and joined the Lunar Claw Pride (Pg. 917), in Alaska.

Liz then vanished for three more years before turning up, dead, in the forest by the Mountain Claw Pride (Pg. 998), who where on a scouting mission in Colorado. Liz is mainly a mystery. She had no friends and all her family died many years before she reached 25. All but her daughter, she is said to live on, continuing her mother's dark ways.

I couldn't believe this. My mother was the kindest, calmest, cat on Earth. This couldn't have been her, could it? No! Why on Earth would my mother do this sort of thing. I shook my head, wanting to rip out the pages and burn them. Only then I would be losing the last part of my mother, even if it wasn't true. 

I then had a sudden curiosity. If this book truly had everyone in it, it must have me, right? I quickly flipped to the index and looked for my name. It wasn't there. Then I looked in another spot. There it was, Daughter White, Of course they wouldn't know my real name. My mother hadn't given it to anyone, and neither had I except for well Justin. I flipped to the page and read:

Daughter White is the daughter of Elizabeth White and her mate who rejected her. She is of a unknown age, living in a unknown place. Many suspect that she starved to death after her mother was found, dead. Others disagree. They claim that she survived and is continuing her mother's evil task of revenge, and destroying the Shadow Paw Pride (Pg. 874)  There are many stories about her, but most are just myths and fantasies.

Every once in awhile a new story will come out about her, for she is the daughter of the most wicked werecat that has ever existed. One story says she was the one who killed her mother, in order to become the new child of darkness. Others say she killed her in the name of justice. Others say the daughter had great power. A great gift. Many speculate...

It rambled on a bit more about what it thought I was. Good or evil. I wasn't either really. I was just... me! However the author certainly didn't believe that. As for a gift... I found it to be more of a curse. I was interrupted from my thoughts by a tap on the shoulder. 

I turned around to see Justin, smiling at me happily.

"Hello." I said, not sure of how to talk to this man. He confused the crap out of me. One second he's aggressive, the next loving, then professional, then all sad, now he seemed happy.  

"Hello. What ya reading?" He asked, curiously. I put the book up over my head for him to see. He nodded thoughtfully.

"Pawprints Throughout the Ages. That's not that interesting. When a werecat does something important, or dies, we write a page for them in here, so most pages are fairly short. However you have come to one of my favorite pages." He said. He then took a seat next to me.

"How so?" I asked, curious how he would respond.

"Well I like to think about it sometimes. The world's most dastardly werecat has a child. Well how would that child turn out. It couldn't have been too bad because it was only with it's mother for about 6 to 7 years. So ya, I like to think about it."

"You know she can't be the worse werecat."

"Oh she is. She destroyed, or rather slaughtered six different prides. Only four of us, in the States that is, survived her rampage. Of course we were one of them, but it kind of explains why there are so few of us."

"Well when you put it like that..." I said trying to make my mother sound better. 

"You seem to be defending her... You know that right?" He said curiously, "You know, when I first saw you in the woods I thought you might be her. You look just like her! Crazy right?" 

"Not as crazy as it seems."