Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 14: Oh Baby!

Song Chapter : Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots

Aria Evans

"So, is it just me or does Ari have a handcuffed hand?"

I was back at the lunch table where only the twins were left and no Dylan insight. Which was odd, he always spent the whole lunch with us.

"Yeah, why is that Ari?"

I shook my head as I glanced around, not really paying attention to what the twins were saying. My thoughts were consumed with Dylan and his whereabouts. Especially after the conversation Zander and I had out there.

"Not important right now, where's Dylan?"

Derek shrugged his shoulder, his attention still on my handcuffed hand for a second longer before he looked up, confusion held on his face.

"He said something about having to finish a project or something before the bell rings."

"Speaking of the bell."

At that moment the bell rang, signaling the return of classes we had to attend to finish off the day. The twins and I grabbed our trash and exchanged our goodbyes, since I had to head to my locker. And on the way there I thought about the reasons why Dylan would have a project on the first day back at school.

I shrugged it off and quickly exchanged my books and notebooks for others in my locker, shutting it quickly and running off to class. They had changed my third period to a child development class, which I had no idea what the heck that class insist of, or who was in it. I grumbled under my breath about how I was going to be a loner as I stepped in the class, looking down as I sat in a empty seat near the front. I didn't really do well with eye contact.

"Hey, Ari!"

"Ari!"

My face turned at the mention of my name, seeing both twins sitting next to each other near the back, smiles etched on both their faces. I smiled in relief, seeing that I actually knew someone in this class and that I wouldn't be alone.

"Hey guys, why didn't you tell me you two had this class?"

"We tried."

"Huh?"

"But you had to go talk to Zander."

I frowned in realization, remembering how I asked what class they had next before being interrupted by Zander.

"What about me?"

Fudge.

"You have this class?"