45. Getting Answers!!

"Dad.... Dad...." I tried calling him out loud despite the pain in my stomach.

"Dad...." I tried the bell, slamming down on it continuously..

I wanted an answer.. This cannot be happening... She is mine.. I have to do something..

Suddenly the door was thrown open and in came the nurse..

"Sir.. Is everything alright.. Should I call the doctor?... Doctor!!! Doctor!!" She started bellowing for the doctor.

"No... Please stop... Stop it... Don't call the doctor, just call my dad.. Go... Now.." I ordered, ready to rip off all the tubes and stuffs that was keeping my body down.

Soon dad arrived and it was clear from his face that I had known.. So I wasn't wrong..

"Dad what is going on... I want answers.." I roared, all my anger coming on full force.

"Cherry... I will tell you.. First you have to stay still.. You are messing with the machines stay still.." Dad said, reaching out his arms so as to tame a wild animal gone berserk.

"No dad.. I can't be still... Where is Dhruvika and what have you all done to her? Where is she? I want to see her.. I wanna she her NOW!" I raised my voice.. Soon mom too was in the room, tears falling from her eyes.

"Charan.. I can explain.. Now you listen to me and lie down.. I will give you your answers.." Dad continued to try... But I wasn't ready to surrender.. I want to know where she is.. I want to make sure she is fine.. I want to see her now..

"No dad... I want to see her now... Give me my phone.. Give it to me.. Dad I wan-"

"I SAID STOP!!" Dad screamed and there was a sudden silence engulfing the room.

I stopped struggling, and lied down facing the ceiling and taking deep breaths.

"Beta.. Please listen to us first.. Please..". It was Mom this time and I couldn't help bit listen to her words. I stayed still... And soon the beep from the machine began to go normal.. Indicated my heart going steady..

Mom came and sat beside me, while dad leaned back on the table, massaging his head.

"Charan.. We will talk.. But before that you have to promise me you won't do anything and you will not leave the place.. Promise me son, and then we will continue.." Dad said looking right into my eyes.

It was clear from his eyes that whatever he was going to say, I was not going to like it.. I was about to reject when mom squeezed my hand, and I said okay.

"Charan.. You know why you sister left us, don't you.. You know why?" Dad asked, his eyes boring into mine.

"Yes dad.." I replied.

"Why??" Came his reply.

"Because she was afraid of Gunaa.. She was afraid he might... Might.." I couldn't complete the sentence.. Disgust boiled ice when I thought of Gunaa.

"No son.. She ran away because she was afraid of me.. Of my job.. If I weren't an honest officer maybe she would have been here with me.. With all of us.." He said, his head down.

"But Dad... She chose it.. She betrayed us... If she had discussed it once with me, I would have found a way.." I tried but was cit off by him..

"I told her not to tell you.." His words were blank, void of any emotions.

"Dad??" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah.. I told her not to tell you.. There is something that I've been hiding from you both.. Shivani.. She never ran away on her own.. Made her do it.." His words were a blow to me. I immediately looked at mom and saw her eyes wide with shock.