Chapter Thirty Five

It had been a week since everyone got the glorious news that Derik had quit his job to search for Quinn in Canada. Those seven days had never felt better for everyone. Normani felt like a good ninety nine perfect of the mistakes in her life were gone. Ally felt like her town was now rid of all of the negativity. Dinah felt relieved that she wouldn't have to be in charge of such an idiotic coworker. Camila and Lauren felt like they were free and could happily continue on with their relationship and not have to worry about being forced apart or hunted.

And Quinn felt the most relieved of all. The girl had spent so much time and energy on trying to get away from Derik; it was like she was finally safe. She didn't have to flinch which walking around corners, she didn't have to check her surroundings before getting out of the house, and best of all; she could walk around her town proudly instead of cutting through alleys and taking back entrances.

Ever since Derik left, the town was happier, the streets were cleaner, and the sun was extra bright. Derik had the power to make the entire town miserable. His constant scowl and dirty appearance seemed to be the root of all problems in the entire city. It was unbelievable that ONE person could do so much damage.

But now that he was far, far away from the town, everyone was perfectly happy.

Camila and Lauren walked into the coffee shop with bright smiles on their faces and were greeted with even more bright smiles from behind the counter. Ally and Normani prepared the girls' usual order of coffee and cookies and brought it over to them, along with some drinks for themselves.

"Today is such a good day." The shortest girl says happily. "I know I've been saying that for a week straight but still. I've been so happy." Ally takes a seat at the girls' table.

Lauren drank down her coffee (which even seemed extra delicious) and set the warm up back on the table. "I think so too." She says, lacing her fingers together with Camila's.

"I feel reborn." Camila chuckles. "Like this is a fresh new start. All the others hum in response. "Hey, Ally. You never got the chance to tell us about your trip with Dinah." The demon says. "I've been meaning to ask you." She was a little too preoccupied with Lauren's lips to ask.

Ally sighs and rests her chin in her hand. "It was so romantic." She gushes. "We got so much time to ourselves. And since we got the news about Derik leaving a day into the trip, the rest of the time we were there felt even better. I could tell Dinah was dreading going back until she got the email." She explains.

"Well tell us about the cruise." Lauren scoots closer, getting comfortable.

"So," Ally began, looking around between her friends. "Our room was big and cozy. The ship had dozens of fun activities to do; like mini golf. Dinah knows I love mini golf. It's like regular sized golf for me." She laughs out, making everyone else laugh along with her.

The oldest girl then went on to give the other friends extra juicy details about their romantic getaway. It sounded like Dinah really went all out. She must have been saving up for a really long time. Ally told them all about the shows they watched together, the cute little picture setups the ship provided, and told them all about what it was like when they docked.

"Aw, Ally I'm so happy for you. You really deserve such a nice trip like that." Normani says, placing her hand on top of her coworkers.

"Thanks, Mani." Ally smiles. She then turns back to the other two girls. "We should all get together and do something fun! To celebrate a certain someone's moving." She suggests.

The demons agree right away. "That sounds great, Ally." Camila smiles. "What were you thinking we could do?"

Ally hums. "Well we could just do a bunch of different things! I can drive us all around to different places and we can just have a big best friend's day." She smiles. "We can go ice skating, we can go to the beach, we can go shopping, we can go to the movies, we can go bowling. Doesn't that sound fun?" Everyone nods in agreement. "Then it's settled. Cheers for Best Friend's Day!" She lifts her cup of water into the air. The girls hit their cups of different liquid together in the middle of the table.