Chapter 15 - Ava Kinski

She was tall and lean, donned on a full sleeved, waist-length gray, fabric coat that hugged her slim body. Beneath it is a white sleeveless top with a slanting strap on one side that crossed her chest. A short, skirt was worn over a pair of gray tights and knee high fabric, flat boots. There is no mistaking that she is the same young girl in the lab photo because of her sharp features. It's very familiar...and yet somehow different.

Different from what he expected. 

As she stood expressionlessly looking at the consoles of the portal, he watched her keenly: The thick red,  shoulder length straight hair plain and loose around her head and resting on her shoulder, snow-white skin, high forehead, stunning sharp nose.  She was beautiful but not the Hollywood kind of standard. Her beauty is exotic; a conglomeration of races - most prominent of which is possibly Greek which gave her well-textured facial bones and yet there was a softness about her face. Like an angel - a fierce angel. Her looking down at the portal's panel afforded him a view of her eyes decorated with thick, long lashes. He couldn't help but watch her keenly in awe; an awe mixed with a sense of curiosity.

'Ava Kinski' he heard himself saying.

He dialed Phil's number who answered on the second ring.

"Phil, she's here. Come over here now--"

Barely finishing the sentence, he heard Phil say to him. "I'm coming. Get a hold of her. Don't let her get away,"

Alec chuckled. "Phil, she's not a fugitive and where else can she go---,"

"Get off the phone now and go to her," Phil hastened.

"Okay, okay! Geez! Don't worry too much, she's not going anywhere," Alec muttered.

As he looked up to where the girl was, she was no longer there. She has started walking away. He ran after her, round the portal stand, calling.

"Ava!"

Ava whirled around and saw this black-haired guy sprinting towards her, stopping just a meter from where she stood. She doesn't need to be told that he's the one of the men who has come in from Sybil.

Alec for a moment was taken in at the sight of her. Up close she is like a Goddess carved fresh from ivory. Her eyes brown, her brows thick and perfectly shaped, her lips a heart-shaped red. She was not wearing make-up Alec could tell but she looked like perfection so evident of perfect genes and he bet he is not the first one to have noticed.

She was in every way imaginable beautiful it is almost otherworldly. 

Her head only raised a notch as she looked up at him; she was a tall one.

"You're Miss...Pearce, right?"

She didn't reply; just stared straight through at him.

Alec thought of something to say. Should he tell her directly about everything? Nah! Let Phil handle that.

"Well, um, my name's Alec Archer—"

She looked away as he offered his hand, cutting in a very blunt tone. "What is the System's business here?"

Alec winced at her in sheer perplexity, withdrawing his ignored hand.

"You know we're from the—?" 

"What is the Systems' business here?" she repeated like he didn't hear it the first time.

Okay....she wants direct answers, Alec realized, and was starting to feel a little irk.