Chapter 44

Summer's POV:

I sat, watching the snow. It was a few days before Christmas and good movies were already on. Ibrahim sat beside me, playing with my black hair, our eyes, mine sparkling grey and his shining blue boreing into eachother.

My beautiful twins sat sleepily by the window. I got up to make us hot chocolate and as I walked back into our cosy new living room, I smiled at how perfect our family looked. Wow, our family. That felt foreign but nice in my head.

We've been married for two months and because I can tell Ibrahim gets a little bit annoyed if I go on about Ali, we've been very kissy lovey perfect family.

"I'm going out, darling." Ibrahim said, kissing my forehead and shoving his coat on.
"In this weather?" I asked, looking out. The snow was coming down heavier and a lot quicker.
"Yeah, in the car." The twins were already 2 and went to sleep slightly later after their naps, so I nodded, knowing I wouldn't be alone with just the haunting past of Ali-Nooh.

I slowly walked upstairs, cradling the twins and though I tried to resist it, I rummaged through the box of my memories of mine and Ali-Nooh's short time together.

Ibrahim hated me even talking about him. So now that he was gone, it was the perfect time for me to get some privacy and reminisce.

Half an hour later, the twins had fell asleep and annoyingly, Ibrahim wasn't back. I tried hard to block out any thoughts of Ali-Nooh and managed it whilst I watched my children fall asleep. They're so innocent, so pure.

An hour later, he still wasn't back and I cried, remembering how cruel fate had been to Ali-Nooh and how he was snatched from me and our unborn children in similar circumstances. I began to cry and 5 minutes later, with the pictures still in my hand, I heard his voice.

"Summer? Summer, I'm home!" I furiously wiped my tears and dropped the pictures as if though they were burning my shaking my hands. But of course, he had already walked in. He glared at me amd picked the twins up, leaving them in their own room.

"Do you love me?" He spat. He said it differently to how Ali-Nooh had first asked me. His face was red and his blue eyes much darker.
"Please, I was just looking through them and I jus-"

"WHY DID YOU MARRY ME? Still loving him? Do you still love him? Or do you love me?! WAS YOUR LOVE A LIE?" He said, his face now contorted with rage.

"I married you because you loved me! You were the first to do that in a year!" I said, now pinned against the wall.
"DO YOU LOVE ME BACK?!" He almost screamed. I took a deep breath.
"No." Then I felt a cold hard slap across my face and his sick smirk...

Plot twist. Did you see that coming? What do you think is coming next?
Don't forget to vote, comment and share!