Chapter Twenty: Cold Shoulder

Heyyyy.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Alex, I'm sorry about yesterday. No more fake dates, I promise. I pressed send and laid back on my bed, my hair fanning out behind me. Why did I have to like him of all people? Stupid, stupid heart. But, I mean, I still like Ryan? Right? Sighing in frustration, I checked my phone to see if he had replied. No new messages. I needed to talk to SOMEONE about this! I quickly texted Kate to go the window. A moment later, she was there. 

"Cass! CASS! TELL ME ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT THE DATE!" She squealed, clapping her hands together, eyes bright. 

"I kissed him." 

Her eyes sparkled and she almost fell out of the window the way she was jumping. 

"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!" 

"Calm your butt down! I'm pretty sure he hates me now," I blew a piece of hair from my face frustratedly. Kate stopped jumping and she glared. 

"Why?!"

"Because I broke the rule and was absolutely rude about it. I just kissed him! Just like that!" I snapped my fingers together for emphasis. 

Kate sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'm sure-" She was cut off with her phone beeping. She glanced at it. 

"It's Alex," she informed me with big eyes. I practically dove for my phone. No new messages. I stomped my foot down.

"UGH!" I cried out. So, he got read the message but didn't respond?! What. A. Jerk. Giving me the cold shoulder won't stop me! I went back to the window. 

"What did he say?" 

"Ben is having a party tonight. We're both invited," Kate spoke quickly, a faint blush on her cheeks. She averted her gaze, staring at the her hands. I narrowed my eyes at her, crossing my arms. 

"What did he say word for word?" Her cheeks turned bright red, and reluctantly she read the message of her phone. 

"Ben is having a party tonight at his place. You and that little-word-that-rhymes-with-witch are invited. But, then again, she doesn't have to come." She looked up at me, wary. 

WORD THAT RHYMES WITH WITCH?!

"I"M GOING TO KILL THAT JERK, THE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM I'M GOING TO STRANGLE HIM I SWEAR THAT-" I was cut off from my rant by Kate. 

"There's more. Ben wants us to set up, so we have to go to his house at around 3." I was fine with setting up, but do I have to with that prick?! I was about to tell Kate that I wasn't coming, but decided against it. Ben had just made amends with me. Why ruin it? I sighed and leaned my head against the windowsill. 

"Let's get ready." 

***************************************************************************************************************

After filling in Kate about the rest of the date (leaving out the parts about Gwen being fake, because I didn't know what to do about that yet, and my certain 'feelings' towards Alex, because I probably was just really tired last night), I took a long, hot shower. Kate came over and we got dressed together. She was wearing a cute cocktail dress, while I decided on skinny jeans and a sweater, because the weather had started to get colder. Kate gaped at my outfit choice. 

"Can someone say fashion crime?" She gawked at me from all angles while I tapped my foot impatiently. "We're going to a party, not a funeral!" Kate threw her hands up in the air. 

"Then what do you suggest I wear?" She grinned and race back to her house. She came back a moment later and held out an outfit. 

"Not. A. Chance." I shook my hands repeatedly. It was a red brassiere type shirt that came up to my belly button with white polka dots. The bottom was black leggings. "I don't have the body for that!"