Chapter 20:

Kaelyn

"Look, her ass so into her phone she ain't even notice you yet." I heard Jamal say as I stepped outta my car.

I look up confused then squeal when I seen Oliva, Jamal's ex girlfriend.

"Livi, I missed you pretty girl." I said hugging her.

"Bitch you know I don't understand that shit." I said when she said something in Spanish.

"I said you look good and Joey's been good to that body." She said with a laugh when I rolled my eyes.

"No food has been good to this body."

"Okay, I hear that too."

"Ahhh, I missed seeing you." I said hugging her again. "Why'd you have to move hours away to Savannah? When are you gonna move back?"

"When I finish school I might if I can get this nigga to act right." She said nodding her head towards Jamal rolling her eyes.

"Girl don't get me started on his friend." I said.

"Y'all ain't back together yet? I thought for sure y'all would have been back at it."

"Girl no, I don't fuck with Joey like that." I said messing with my nails.

"She lying like shit." Jamal said with a laugh.

"Mind your business thank you." I said.

"Y'all niggas are my business." Jamal said. "Heard y'all was suppose to be working out together at the gym yesterday, but ended up making out. Don't know if y'all wanna fight or fuck. Shame."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Shut up. Anyways Liv."

She laughed, "Oh yeah, Happy Birthday love."

"Thank you. How long you gonna be here? Wanna come to my party tomorrow night?"

"Jamal was already telling me, you know I'ma be there. Your sister gonna be there?" She asks with a grin making Jamal chuckling.

"Bye girl, Arie don't wanna have a threesome with y'all freaky asses."

"Who said anything about Jamal being involved."

"I'm done. Let me go before I be late to class fooling with y'all. Get my number from Jamal and text me later."

"Happy Birthday!" Aubree and Arie shouted hugging me as I walked into the nail shop.

This morning before class we had a big family birthday breakfast with everybody there. Then I went to my one class today. Now I'ma spend the rest of the day prepping for my party tomorrow night.

I laughed, "Oh just bring all the attention over here with y'all loud asses. Thank y'all."

"Bre Baby, why are you so pretty? I love your hair like this." I said running my hands through her straightened hair that she just recently dyed blonde in the front.

"Thank you. Had to try something new and stop being lazy with my hair."

"It's cute."

"So tell us, what did Joey get you for your birthday?" Arie asks.

"I honestly think this man forgot all about my birthday." I said.

Arie rolled her eyes, "No really, Kae."

"I swear. He texted me while I was in class on some casual shit and he never even acknowledged what today was."

"Maybe he's doing it on purpose?" Aubree said.