Ch•8- Something to Pitch

"What do you think of this?" Tony asked, strapping on some kind of chest piece over his grey shirt. His glowing chest magnet showed around the open circle piece like a light bulb "I'm working on the armor at the moment" he gestured to the metal robotic arm on the table that was slowly coming together. Tony had started building the armor a few days ago, and he's making progress.

"I like it" I admired "what are the little white circles on the hands for?" I asked, pointing to them. He picked up the arm and held it out so he could explain.

"I'm hoping that once I fix it up, I will be able to shoot charged particles out of those 'little white circles', basically I'm going to blow stuff up with them. Also, I'm adding a flight stabilizer"

"Cool" I smirked. What are charged particles and what is a flight stabilizer? These are questions that I never get an answer to. I usually just figure it out for myself. He's been working on the designs of the suit for a couple weeks. Everyday, little by little, things fall in to place. It's cool to sit down here and watch him construct the armor, I find it very fascinating.

I sat at the other side of the table from him on a stool. For some reason, Tony has been letting me hang down here every once in awhile. Maybe he's actually trying to connect with me. I studied him as he worked. The two of us did look alike in some ways. Our hair was more or less the same color, mine was slightly lighter. Same shade of tan skin, same shape of our nose. This was freaky. It still stunned me that I had a father! I mean, I know everyone has a father, but he was non existent in my life not too long ago. Now, here he is, right in front of me.

But, my life can't be perfect now. I have a Father, yes, but now I don't have a Mother. I did have her at one point. Most kids my age have both of their parents. Of course some are divorced but they still see both of them. And there are some like me who just have one parent, that's all they'll ever have. That's all I'll ever have.

A few minutes later Pepper strolled down the steps and entered to workshop.
"Obadiah called, he said he's on his way home from New York now, he'll be stopping by tonight"

"Whatever" Tony looked at himself in the mirror with the strapped piece on him. He flexed his muscles like a high school football player.

"And Jessi it's time for school" she reminded me.

"Ok" I grabbed my book bag from the stool and hiked up the stairs to the living room. Pepper handed me an apple for breakfast and I hungrily took a bite. I thought about the suit again. A flight stabilizer, I'm guessing that's how he's going to fly? Is he intending on using the suit to fly around or something?

"You and Tony seemed to be getting along fine" Pepper patted my shoulder as we walked towards the her car that sat in the circle driveway. She unlocked her car with the key.

"Yeah" I smiled, eating some more of my apple, I hadn't really noticed till now "I guess we are" For the rest of the day, I was too distracted to pay attention to the teachers lecture on the Powhatan Indians. My mind drifted to the armor Dad was making. What would it look like when he finished it? He said that he was going to shoot charged particles from his hands, kind of like a gun of some sort, or a rocket. I don't even know what charged particles are, but they sound cool.

I had started to doodle in my notebook on what I think it would look like. Just as I finished the drawing, my teacher snatched the paper away from me and put it in her desk. Great. I hate Miss Paltrow.

"No drawing in my class Jessica. You can't do whatever you want, I don't care if your Father is rich and famous. No exceptions!" her glare penetrated my blue eyes, making me feel uncomfortable.