Ch•10- Invitation

3rd POV:

     Little Jessi ran around the house as fast as she possibly could. Her skinny arms were extended out like an airplane to make it seem like she was flying. Jarvis was timing her to see how long it would take for her to run around the house. Usually, Jessi would be outside playing, but since its raining, Pepper told her strictly to stay inside. As Jessi ran, she made plane sound effects to get the full flying experience.

     She circled around the counter island in the kitchen before running out of the kitchen towards the living-room. Pepper, who stood right in the girls path, quickly dodged out of the way, letting out an 'oof' as Jessi accidentally ran in to her "Sorry!" She apologized, not slowing her pace down at all.

     Tony stood in the middle of the living room, he held onto some important Stark industry files. He was already in an irritated mood because his test-flight didn't exactly work out the way he planned. He had an ice pack covering his head to help heal the damage. Tony looked up from his papers to see the girl flying right at him

    "Mayday Mayday!" Jessi screeched, veering around the tall man while vocally screeching to resemble the sound of car brakes. Tony stumbled away, trying not to drop all of his papers.

    Pepper chuckled and walked over to her boss "What's it doing?" Tony asked, removing the ice pack from his head, and giving an annoyed frown. He watched as Jessi skipped down the stairs that led to the his workshop "and how did she learn the passcode?"

    Pepper smiled "she's just being a nine year old. Besides, it's wet and muddy outside, this is the only way she can get all that energy out"
Just then, a crashing noise sounded from down the stairs, an 'uh-oh' followed shortly after.

    "Crap! She broke something!" Tony shouted and ran towards the stairs "if she touched my suit I'm sending her back to the orphanage!"
Pepper sighed at his words, he can be so rude sometimes.

    Tony punched in the passcode to the lab and busted in, frantically looking around for the damage. He spotted Jessi standing ice still in the corner of the room, a cracked picture hung on the wall. Tony shook his head as he walked towards his little daughter "what did you do?"

    "I was r-running, and I was trying to turn really fast to av-avoid the mountain i-in the s-sky, but my feet slipped..." Jessi rubbed her head and sniffed "and I ran into the wall"
Tony looked down the cracked picture frame on the wall. She must of smacked her face right in to the picture. It took all of Tony's strength to not smile. He glanced over to Jessi, who was still holding her forehead right above her eye.

    "Did you hurt yourself?" he asked, removing the picture from the wall. Jessi shrugged and lowered her hand down from her forehead. She saw blood smeared on her palm as she opened her hand. She gasped loudly and covered the wound up "hold on kid, let me see it" Tony bent down so he was at her level. He slowly removed her hand from her head to inspect the damage. There was a good size cut right above her eyebrow. Blood was trickling down her brow down to her eye.

"Ouch" Jessi grimaced, flinching away from his touch.

     "Hold on" Tony sighed, reaching for the counter to the paper towels. He wetted the towel with water and walked back over to Jessi "sit still kid, this won't hurt" he placed the towel to her head.

    "Ow it stings! You said it wouldn't!" she squeezed her eyes shut, feeling a sharp stinging sensation in her head.

    "I said it wouldn't hurt, I never said it wouldn't sting" Tony smirked, gently pressing the cloth to Jessi's head. She bit her lip hard as the stinging continued "Ok, almost done. I need some Neosporin to rub on it" He opened the cabinet under the sink to find some medicine cream "Here we go" Tony pulled out the tube of Neosporin and applied it to her head "this won't sting at all"