6 | Opera House Chaos

I lifted my lightsaber, which blocked the small laser from making contact with my skin.

Sweat beaded down my neck as I continued this process until the lasers stopped. I took off the helmet that allowed me to focus, blinking until my eyes adjusted to the new sight.

I placed my lightsaber into the loop on my belt, pushing my hair off of my neck.

"You're growing stronger with the Force."

I looked towards the door to see Anakin smiling. His arms were crossed over his chest as he leaned on the frame.

"Forgive me, it wasn't my intention to frighten you."

I shook my head. "Don't apologize, and thank you for the kind words."

"I've come with a message from Chancellor Palpatine." He said to me. "The Jedi are meeting in the Galaxies Opera House this evening."

"Is there anything that is needed?" I asked.
He shook his head. "Just your presence."
I blushed.

"I'm heading there now, if you'd like to join me." He said.

"Of course, let me just put this away." I said, placing the helmet away on its hanger.

-

Crowds of Creatures and Jedi walked throughout the Opera House, leaving me to quicken my pace until it was mutual with Anakin's.

Anakin opened a dark colored door, and the sound of soft voices and the sound of different noises came from the scene in the air of the Opera Room. The purple and electric waves flowed in circular and diagonal motions, a swoosh behind them.

I turned my head to see Chancellor Palpatine standing from his seat, along with Master Windu. Palpatine smiled.

"Thank you for joining us, Lydia." He said to me.
"It's my pleasure, Chancellor."

"Take a seat," he said. "We have much to discuss."

I sat down, watching as Anakin sat next to me. He straightened his posture as the Chancellor sat.

"I'm assuming there has been no assassination attempts since the night of your disguise decision." He said to me.

I nodded. "That's right, thanks to Mister Skywalker and Obi-Wan. They're great armor of protection to me."

Chancellor Palpatine looked at Anakin. "Anakin truly is a great Jedi. I'm afraid some refuse to see it."

Anakin didn't say anything as his eyes looked forward at the scene above.

"I have spoken with many of the Jedi Masters, including Master Windu. They believe that you not leave Coruscant for a while."

I looked over at him, peeling my eyes off of Anakin. "I thought I was staying here for a while anyways?"

"We just wanted to let you know, to keep you comfortable. That's all us Jedi want for you."
I nodded. "I understand."

He looked at Anakin and smiled politely. "And I hear that Anakin has been training you to become a Jedi."

"He has, I've been enjoying the new routine. It was forbidden on my Planet." I admitted.

"Us Jedi do not forbid the females from becoming a Jedi. You fit right in."

"Thank you, Chancellor."

"And I can see that he has trained you well so far." He mentioned.
I nodded. "Indeed."

"From now on, I am ranking you as Anakin's Padawan." He told me, folding his hands.
"That sounds great." I said, watching Anakin look over at me. His cheeks flushed a soft pink as he looked away.

"And -"

Chancellor Palpatine was interrupted by a loud crash throughout the Opera Room. That's when I seen a missile was speeding through the air, towards me.

Anakin leaped in front of me, and pulled me out of the way. The room turned to chaos as creatures ran, and Jedi lifted their lightsabers.

Anakin's body stiffened as he hovered over me, protecting me. I swallowed as he stood up cautiously, grabbing my hand.

"Get the Princess out of here!" Ki-Adi-Mundi yelled as they fought off shots.

Anakin headed for the door, dragging me with him.

My eyes widened as he stumbled forward, his hand pressing to the wall for support.
My eyes scanned his back to see blood seeping through the material of his tunic, causing me to place my hand on his arm. "Anakin."

"It isn't bad." He breathed.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. "Don't lie to me, come on."

I pulled him towards the exit, and climbed into the small transportation bus. It took us to the apartment, and I knew I had to help Anakin.