40: Said Bouquet

Dress above is the one she wore to the wedding and the song (The Other Side - Jason Derulo) served as inspiration for this chapter. It's just adorable and cute. I love it.

Enjoy!

***

"Why the hell would you tell him that?" I was on the verge of pulling my hair out when Carter walked away. "You're an idiot. That's what the fucᴋ you are." I walked up to the order booth to place an order for food.

"It's my job as his friend to tell him that I slept with his girlfriend. It's against bro code." Daniel said. I looked at him, my mouth agape.

"Apparently you didn't get the message when I snuck out through your fire escape." I crossed my arms over my chest. "And I usually don't sneak out after one night stands, but you, you, changed my perception on things."

"You don't mean that."

"Am I bruising your ego? Newsflash: you're not as good as you think you are. I didn't even get off, imagine that. Sex without an orgasm. It sounds so sad." I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

"What a bitch. I hope he gets out as fast as he can."

"Of course. Typical dick move. You try and insult me when I belittle your dick game." I rolled my eyes. "Right when we make up, people like you have to make things difficult."

"Ma'am!" I heard from behind.

"Please do not ruin this trip for Carter at least. In the span of three days, he's blown his top twice. I don't need a third time." I began backing towards the counter. "And leave me the hell alone. We had sex once. A one night stand is a one night stand. We don't acknowledge it and we don't speak on it."

I thanked the man for my food and headed back to the suite. Before I could reach the elevator, I ran into Liane and another girl who I didn't recognize from last night. "Bailey! I haven't seen you all day."

"Hey Lee. What's up?"

"Just catching up with a friend. Bailey, this is Monica. Monica, meet Bailey." I greeted her before standing there awkwardly. "You look like you're in a hurry."

"Carter's mad at me because of something petty. Nothing I can't fix." I shrugged.

"Is he mad about us? I'm not trying to steal you away from him or anything." I began laughing.

"No. It's not you. Trust me."

"Wait," Monica butted in. "You're Carter's girlfriend?"

"You can say that." And just like that, her eyes narrowed towards me. I can feel the hostility. "I'm gonna go upstairs. I guess I'll see you tomorrow for the big day."

"Nervous as hell, but we'll get through it." I gave her a parting hug, trying my best not to drop the food, before entering the elevator.

The walk back to the suite was hell because my stomach growled in anticipation as the smell wafted around me. Once I entered the room, all the lights were off, except the one in the bathroom.

I set the food down and shuffled over there. "You took a shower? Without me?" I pouted. "Are you mad at me?"

"No. I'm not mad." He ran the towel through his hair as I took a seat on the sink counter. "No matter how many times I act like I'm okay, it makes me angry when I think of all the guys you've been with."

I grabbed his hands, pulling him towards me. "Because a girl should be pure when she gets a boyfriend. I get it, I do. I get the whole untouched mindset, but that shit is unrealistic. Now, fucᴋing your best friend had to be the end of the straw, right?" He nodded. "To give you the benefit of the doubt, he doesn't even make top 20."