Ch. 2 💏

Electrifying.

Hell, that wasn't the word to describe how the kiss they shared was. His lips had touched hers and in that moment he swore he saw their life together flash before his eyes. He saw a life with Bonnie. He saw a real chance at a life with her. She wasn't meant to be with Enzo but with him.

Future Bonnie, having given into Damon's plea about needing her, combed her fingers through his hair before resting her hands on the back of his neck, gently stroking the hairs that stood up. Her lips moved in sync with her own, his arms encircling her waist and pulling her closer.

What are you doing, Bonnie? A voice in her head screamed at her.

At the sound of the voice in her head, Future Bonnie placed her hands flat against his chest and gently pushed him away, leaving them both panting heavily,"Damon." She says, her forehead resting on his,"I'm married." She says.

Damon nods,"I know." He says softly.

"We - We can't do this. I shouldn't have kissed you."

"I'm not going to apologize for kissing you." He stated.

Bonnie shook her head.

"That never should have happened. As much as you mean to me, as much as I love you, this was wrong " she cupped his cheek and gave a small smile. "I love my husband, the man he is in our future, and he wouldn't like that we kissed, even if it was you."

She watched his eyes widen at her revelation. He hadn't expected that. He understood that he was an important part of her future, but he never would have guessed that she loved him. He wondered if she ever regained her memories of loving him.

"Did you - did you ever get your memories back?" He questioned her.

She knew what he was asking and why.

"Yes, I did."

"I'm guessing it wasn't enough, that you'd already moved on." He says with a glare tossed at the cabin.

Future Bonnie lifted a hand and forced him to meet her gaze,"I am in love with my husband. I love him far more than I've ever loved any man." She says, "You're my best friend and there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for you. I'll go to hell and back for you, Damon. My husband knows how important you are to me."

He scoffed.

"Your husband must be one hell of a guy to put up with me. If my wife cared for another as you say you care for me I'd RIP his heart from his chest and wear it as a medallion."

Future Bonnie smirked,"My husband has grown up a lot since his days here in Mystic Falls. And like I said...the two of you are one in the same."

He had to know who her husband is. He had to. It was killing him not knowing who he would lose her to.

"Who are you married to?"

She shakes her head,"I can't tell you that."

"Can you at least tell me if I like the guy?" He questioned.

She nods.

"Not always. You've had your moments, but you do now, in which I couldn't be more proud of. It took you a while, but you finally forgave him for his his past mistakes and for hurting me. You gave him another chance instead of giving up on him." She says caressing his cheek with a smile.

Stefan?

The only person he could see hurting her and him forgiving him was his brother Stefan. Anyone else would have ended up on the side of the road heartless with every bone in their body broken.

"Is it...is it Stefan?" He asked.

She frowned,"I can't tell you that, Damon." She says.

No, not Stefan! I can't lose Her to Stefan!

"Damon - "

"I hate this!" He snarled very loudly,"I hate knowing that I lose you! I hate knowing that I don't make you happy! I hate knowing I wasn't enough!"

He began destroying the cabin, ripping the doors off its hinges, punching holes in the walls, shattering glass. He was destroying everything in his path and Future Bonnie was worried that if he didn't stop he would eventually hurt himself or someone,"I can't believe I lose you to Stefan! I can't believe I lose the love of my life to my brother!!!" He snarled.

She rushed forward and spit the words out before she could even stop herself,"You don't lose me to Stefan!" She screamed, making him stand still,"You don't lose me to Stefan, Damon." She says in a rush.

"You're not in love with Stefan?" He asked, making his way towards me slowly.

She shakes her head with a sigh,"No. I am not in love with Stefan. Never have been, never will be. I love you, Damon." She says without thinking.

His eyes widen in shock,"Are - Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

She went still. She had to find a way around what she'd just said. She didn't want him assuming anything, "No. When I say that I love you Damon I mean it as in I love you too much to fall in love with your brother." She says,"Plus, Stefan and his girl are perfectly happy. I would never ruin that for him."

Damon groaned,"Stop saying that."

"Saying what?"

"You love me when you don't love me the way I love you, the way I want you to love me." He states.

Future Bonnie sighed before reaching out and taking his hand,"That's never going to happen because I do love you, Damon."

He met and held her gaze,"Just not the way I love you." He lifts his hands and cups her cheeks,"Bonnie Salvatore. It has a ring to it." He says.

She smiles,"Yeah, it does."

"In the future do we live close by?"

She nods,"You're staying with me actually." She confesses.

He raised a brow, "And the husband?"

"He's perfectly fine with it. In fact he's the one who suggested you move in with me. Something about helping to keep me out of harms way during my first pregnancy." She chuckled.

Damon lowers his forehead onto hers and sighs, his eyes closing in the process,"That husband of yours is a damn lucky guy. I hope he won't be an idiot like I was and let you slip away."

Future Bonnie takes a deep breath,"You're not an idiot, Damon. And, you didn't let me soup away. I'm right here." She says softly before kissing his cheek and pulling away, "We should head back. We need to find a way to get Kai to lift the spell from my younger self."

"Why don't you just ask Kai yourself?" Came a voice from behind them.