Epilogue

If you like this story please take a look at a fan fiction story by Freedom5556. The story is called Fallout Equestria: Project Homosapiens.

Two weeks!

It's been two weeks since the afternoon that Wastelanders everywhere have come t' call the day of sunshine an' rainbows. The day that massive surges of rainbow light an' sound -- sonic rainbooms -- burst from twenty-three of the great towers, clearin' away the blanket of clouds that had covered the skies above for all our lives, an' the lives of everyone an' everything born after the great war.

For me, there's a memory that will forever symbolize that day: I looked up, watchin' those expanding rings of fantastic rainbow light burst the clouds, sending showers down on the Wasteland. And as I turned my face towards the sun for the very first time, I saw how the misty rainfall sparkled. And then, I spotted a balefire phoenix, her coat a majestic, iridescent emerald an' gold, dancin' an' cavortin' amongst the ephemeral rainbows forming all across the sun-drenched sky.

It was the single most beautiful sight I had seen in my long life.

Thank you, Littlepip. From all of us.

Now children, as you know, the sonic rainbooms also tore most of the remaining Enclave Raptors out o' the sky. The few that remain have returned t' the sides of the Enclave's remaining Thunderheads... and turned their firepower on the pegasus ponies who have risen up t' throw off the Enclave's tyranny.

The war is over, but it would appear that the war was just the prologue t' another bloody chapter in Equestrian history. Civil war tears apart the sky; and here below, the remnants of Red Eye's armies have divided into war camps, each determined t' carve out a swath of the Wasteland as their own little empire, the ground soaked in violence an' the blood of anypony who challenges them.

But this time is different, children. Because this time, we have hope. Hope that the Equestria of tomorrow will actually be a better place than the Equestria of today. And that we may actually know peace in our childrens' lifetime.

Hope brought t' us by our Lightbringer, yes. And more importantly, hope brought t' us by ourselves. By our embrace of our nobler nature. Over the last few weeks, the actions of so many of you have shown more brilliantly than the sun itself, so much that it's made this ol' DJ cry. Children, ol' DJ Pon3 ain't never been prouder of ya.

Now listen up, children. Ol' DJ Pon3's got a message for all you faithful listeners, an' this one's important. The word of the day is "forgiveness".

We've all suffered at the hooves of the Enclave. And I know just how easy it would be t' direct all our hate towards every pony out there with wings. But the Enclave ain't every pegasus. An' even a great many of those in the Enclave weren't keen on what their leaders were doing. Many stood up against them, an' many were murdered for it. We need t' embrace our pegasi sisters an' brothers, welcome them. Things are gonna be hard for them. Hell, hard for all of us. We need t' show love, tolerance an' acceptance. We need t' be the sort of ponies the Stable Dweller trusted an' believed we could be. The sort of ponies you've proven you can be.

Same message goes for the alicorns. They ain't the monsters they used t' be. They're ponies, hurt ones at that. Yes, there are several poisonous apples out there -- some o' them just don't seem t' know any other way. But most of those alicorns are just lost. They're trying t' figure out who they are, t' reckon their place in this world. (Not unlike a certain little unicorn who stepped hoof out of a Stable less than three months ago.) And there are some, more than just a few, who have chosen t' side with the heroes of the Wasteland. So if you see an alicorn, keep your weapon loaded, but try talking first. You just might find a friend.