Chapter Thirty-Two

Honestly, in Jimin's opinion, he didn't see anything wrong with trying to get Yoongi and Jaeyoon on good terms. They were brothers, and to Jimin that meant they needed to be close. They needed to be friends. Even if Jaeyoon crossed the line on more than one occasion. Jimin figured there was still hope for their relationship to be a positive one.

Or so he thought.

Despite Hana's warning, Jimin reached out to Jaeyoon, requesting that they sit down and talk. Just the two of them. No Yoongi. No Siwon.

"So, what exactly was your reason in asking me out on a date?" Jaeyoon asked Jimin as soon as he sat across from him.

"This isn't a date." Jimin corrected.

"It can be."

"No, it can't." Jimin denied. "I called you, because I want you to try and work things out with Yoongi."

Jaeyoon raised a brow, taken aback by Jimin's request. "Why is that?"

"You're brothers. You two should have a stronger bond than you already do." Jimin explained. "Don't you think?"

"I think it's a waste of time."

"Why?"

"He's not worth my time." Jaeyoon answered, shrugging a bit. "And, I don't know why you haven't seen that yet. He's worthless, Jimin. Open your eyes."

Jimin couldn't believe his ears. How could Jaeyoon talk about his own blood brother that way? "Is there something I'm missing here? Why are you so mean to him? Did he do something?"

"Not really. I just think it's fun." Jaeyoon snickered. "He can't win, and its amusing."

"You're his big brother. You're supposed to mentor him and look out for him. All you've been doing is breaking him down."

Jaeyoon scoffed. "And?"

"Do you even feel bad?"

"What's there to feel bad about?"

"Wow." Jimin was at a loss for words. "You won't even try?"

"Not for free, I won't." Jaeyoon reached for Jimin's hand.

Jimin moved his hand out of Jaeyoon's reach. "Absolutely not."

"Why not? Don't you want Yoongi to be happy? Don't you want him to get along with his big brother?"

"I want that more than anything in the world, but if you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, then you can go die in a hole." Jimin stood from his chair. "You're an awful person, and I honestly hope you get what you deserve."

"Well, if its marrying the love of my brother's life and more money than I know how to deal with, then I already got it." Jaeyoon smirked and stood from his chair as well. "Maybe you should reconsider being with him. Siwon and I wouldn't mind having you around. We could have some fun. Oh, and say hi to Hana for me." And with that, he left.

----

"You better not let Yoongi know you went to see Jaeyoon." Hana told Jimin as soon as she saw him.

"Why is it such a big deal?" Jimin asked, sitting next to Hana on the couch of their living room.

"Yoongi's gonna feel betrayed. Isn't that obvious? He's gonna think you're just like Siwon."

"But, I'm not."

"Well, he's going to think that." Hana nodded. "I don't think you want to go through another bad breakup with him, do you?"

"No."

"Then think! Yoongi wouldn't reach out to Hanji to get you two to be friends again, would he?" Hana asked.

"That's different."

"It's not. You and Yoongi were practically in the exact same predicament. If you wouldn't forgive Hanji and be his friend again, why should Yoongi forgive Jaeyoon?"

"That's family. They have to get along."

"Family can fuck you over just like anyone else. They don't get a pass just because they're family." Hana explained. "Maybe, you and you're family are extremely close. But, our family isn't. Loyalty doesn't exist to them, Jimin. Why do you think Yoongi and I are so close?"

"From what I've seen lately, It seems like your relationship is based off of guilt." Jimin answered, honestly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Why does he do whatever you say?"

"He doesn't."

Wanting to avoid an argument, Jimin left it alone. The last thing he wanted was for Hana to lash out on him. "You're right. Maybe I'm just imagining things." He apologized afterwards. "But, I just wanted them to get along."

"Some relationships aren't meant to work out. Theirs is one of them." Hana told him. "Quit prying before you end up in a situation you can't get out of. Jaeyoon is sneaky, so I suggest you not be alone with him. I should know."

"What do you mean? Did something happen between you two?" Jimin asked, curiously.

Hana stayed quiet for a moment, as if to think about her answer. "No. Just be careful."

"Are you sure? Because, you're stressing that I should be careful as if something happened to you because of him." Jimin pointed out

"I'm just looking out for you." She lied. "I'm just thinking he might try something."

"Did he try something with you? Is that what this is? Is that why you're so wary?" Jimin tried connecting the dots, but Hana stood and shut him down before he could.

"I said, I'm just looking out for you." Hana gritted her teeth. "So, leave it."

Normally, Hana was good at hiding things. But, it was a dead giveaway that something, whatever it hay have been, happened with Jaeyoon and Hana at some point. Jimin was now fixated on finding out exactly what it was.

A/N: I wasn't going to update this soon after coming off of hiatus, but I've been down lately, so the only way to get my mind off of the negative things is to write until I forget what was bothering me. So, here's another update. It's sort of short, and sucky but its the best I can offer you guys right now ;-;