Chapter 6

The following morning, Cameron got dressed, and her things were packed. Soon she was on a flight to Pennsylvania with Nate by her side.

       "This isn't a long flight", Nate blurted out when he saw that Cameron was dozing off.

Cameron sighed. "So?".

        "I have some things I've got to make clear before we arrive", he grounded out firmly.

     "What is it?", Cameron queried, easing up in her seat.

Nate straightened in his chair. "Well, we'll have to share a room", he said, then cringed slightly, expecting Cameron to be outraged.

      "I figured as much", she retorted lamely.

Nate stared at her in surprise. "So, you are OK with this?", he asked, his eyes beaming.

    "We aren't in the 1600's you know. If we are claiming to be engaged, it's obvious they think we've had sex before", she said with a sigh.

Nate grinned as he stared at her, then quickly dug into his pockets.
"Oh, this is for you", he said handing her a diamond ring, that could be seen from a mile away.

Cameron arched a brow as she studied the intricacies of the ring. "Nice", she said as she slipped in on her finger.

Nate shook his head and chuckled softly. "You are not like most women, are you?".

Cameron turned her head towards the window, and stared out at the lovely clusters of clouds. "I thought you knew that already", she exclaimed.

      "Even though this is fake, I was expecting a brighter reaction at the sight of the ring", he blurted some minutes later, quite unnerved by Cameron's earlier reaction to the ring.

      "Exactly", she said turning to look at him." It's fake and we don't have an audience we have to pretend around... Yet", she completed crisply.

Nate shook his head, deciding to let it slide. "Anyway, I hope you remember everything we've spoken about".

     "Oh, how could I forget... Darling", she teased.

Nate smiled, Lord help him.

===========================

   "This is your parents house?", Cameron asked in awe as she glared upon the mansion that stood in front of her. The gate alone was a wonder, with two beautiful palm trees at the sides like guards to a palace.

     "Yup!", Nate confirmed proudly as he too savored in the beauty of the building.

       "It's beautiful", she complimented.

     "Thanks, but you can tell them when we go inside", he grinned.

Cameron scoffed. "Oh please. I won't be a push up".

     "Fine. Now, come on", he said as he held the small of her back and urged her forward.
     Cameron sighed. She didn't understand why, but somehow she felt very nervous. And why would she, when this wasn't actually a real thing?. She just hoped she would put on a show, good enough to impress Nate and his family. After all, she was being paid a great deal of money to just pretend.

     Nate could feel his own hands becoming sweaty. He was feeling very nervous, and he didn't know how to shake it off. Cameron looked as cool as a cucumber— ready to conquer the world. Shouldn't she be feeling a bit nervous?, Nate thought to himself. It was his family and he felt like he was going to meet strangers, while Cameron looked as if it was her own family. He just hoped that everything would go according to plan.

He glanced at Cameron. "Are you nervous?", he asked, putting on a brave smile.

Cameron snorted. "Of course not", she lied.

Nate nodded with a weak smile.

      "Are you?", Cameron asked.

      "No, I'm perfectly fine".he said, with a smile that was as fake as their relationship.

        ^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^

     "Oh, my baby!, you're here!", Marjorie squealed, as soon as she opened the door and saw Nate.
She pulled him in for a tight hug, immediately pulling apart when she saw Cameron.

She grinned. "Well, aren't you a beauty!", she chuckled, pulling Cameron in her arms. Cameron's eyes popped out at the unexpected gesture.

    "Mom, this is my fiancée Cameron". Nate said, making the introduction.

      "Hello Mrs. Caine", Cameron smiled as soon as they pulled apart.

Marjorie fanned her dismissively and scowled. "Honey, call me Marj", she laughed.

Cameron joined in the laughter. "No problem".

    "Now, come in and meet the others", she said, as she flung her arms around Cameron's shoulders, leading her in the house.

Cameron looked over her shoulders and grinned at Nate, who smiled.

     "Come on honey", she winked.

Nate sighed, as he strolled behind his mother and Cameron. Let the games begin!.

,__________________________________
Thanks for reading, I hope you guys enjoyed.
Thanks also for the votes and comments given in my last few chapters... I appreciate it.
Xoxo