Chapter 46

Mikaela

The light filtered through my opening eye lids, as I stretched out my arms across the bed. Instead of feeling August next to me, something plush brushed against my open hand.

I frowned, looking over then instantly began smiling at what I saw. A huge, oversized teddy bear sat next to me on his side of the bed.

My mind went back to last night. I bit down on my bottom lip relishing on how amazing it was. After my reminiscent moment, I got up from the bed to do my hygiene.

Still with the sheets wrapped around me, I brushed my teeth and washed up then returned to the bed briefly. I cradled the teddy bear for a few seconds, and was about to go check on Brie when the door knob slowly opened up.

"Mornin' " August said to me with a small smile as he entered.

"Good morning," I said looking right back at him.

He came over to the bed, crawling onto it finally settling next to me.

"I see you got company," he said motioning to the stuffed animal.

I tightened my grip around the bear still smiling back at him, " yeah. Thank you..I love him"

"You hungry? Brie Babeh and Sneak downstairs havin lunch" he asked

"Lunch?" I asked confused a bit

"It's almost midday ma," he said with a smirk. I looked up at the clock realising that it was almost 12 pm.

"I can't believe I slept all morning," I said placing my head in my Palm.

"Ya had a longgg night. Can't blame you," he said causing me to laugh softly at his hidden meaning.

I looked up again, noticing he was still staring right at me- now into my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him softly as I pushed away the teddy.

He briefly bowed his head then said, " dat I honestly don't deserve you"

"August," I said back taking his hand in mine.

"It's true doe. I mean, when I first met you falling in love witchu was da furthest thing from ma mind."

I thought back to that night in the club 3 and a half years ago now, "neither of us had that on our mind Aug"

"I know. But still, I know I don't handle things in da best of ways, and dat ain't fair to ya ma" he continued, and I could hear the guilt in his voice.

"Ion wanna blame nobody fa my actions, even tho I never felt like I received dat much love growin' up...you and Abrianna show me what it means ta love someone unconditionally cuz dat's what yall give ta me"

I caressed his cheek, feeling this sadness for him. "We both been through a lot in our lives. More than most people our age,"

"And dats exactly ma point. You been thru just as much shit as I have...yet you never once treated me a fraction of da way I did." He continued

I remembered how lonely and hurt I felt when he ignored me through our ordeal with Brie's kidnapping. Taking a deep breath, I fought to hold back the tears.

"Ion know if I'll ever stop feelin' guilty bout all'a dis shit but I really wanted ta tell ya dat I apologize for blamin' you babeh, and pushing you away," he finally said as a tear escaped my hold.

He scooted closer to me, wiping away my tear before placing a kiss on my forehead, " please don't cry luv"

"I forgive you," I finally said with a sniffle.