Ch.19 What you don't know won't hurt you.

ALESSA POV

It's our break time already, Maya and I decided to eat outside the cafeteria because it's already too crowded there.

"How's Ginger? Is she talking to you now?" she asked before taking a bite of her sandwich.

I sighed because it's been a week now since Emman and Ginger fought in his parents house. They're still not talking, I can understand if she's not talking to me because I'm used to her being cold but to her father it's different.

I can't blame Emman for slapping her because she already crossed the line. He is just torn between his mother being sick and his daughter being rejected by his mom.

She always go out at night to party with her friends, I can't do the same because aside from studying I'm also managing our family business.

"Nope, no improvement and every time I visit Emman she's not home" I replied sadly.

"Can't blame her"

"I know, but Emman is really worried. I like them to reconcile already but it's like they're back from the time when he just found her" I feel really sad but it's frustrating because I can't do anything about it.

"Hey mom" I frowned when Janine suddenly appeared.

"Don't call me mom we're not related" I said irritably.

"What do you want?" Maya asked politely, she knows that I don't like Janine.

"Nothing, I just came by to greet the both of you" she replied before turning her attention to mine again.

"Alessa dear don't worry cause we'll be related soon, when you marry Emman" Maya and I gave her a confused look.

What does she mean by that? I asked myself mentally. She chuckled and crossed her arms when she noticed that we didn't get what she just said.

"Well as you can see, I am Ginger's girlfriend" I arched my brow upon hearing what she said.

"Girlfriend? Ginger said you two are only best friends, well except" Maya paused.

"Yes, except that she gives me everything that I want, make love to me etc. So that makes us in a relationship and that entitles me to call you mom" she said before winking at me.

She's really giving me the nerves, I don't know what's gotten into Ginger giving her everything that she wants. Recently she gave her Honda jazz to Janine which is ridiculous.

The word make love doesn't fit her, shag does. I rolled my eyes at her afterwards.

"I don't care about your whatsoever dilemma but it's clear to me that Ginger is just using you as a fuck buddy if that's what you call relationship" I stood up afterwards.

"Stop calling me mom, know your place first before you say anything stupid" I said sternly.

"Oh dear trust me, I know my place I don't know yours?" my ears ticked upon hearing what she said.

"What are you saying" I asked frowning.

"Ginger said she loves me and I'm sure that she won't just say that to anybody, you know what? you're right, I can't just call you mom because you're also my rival"

What is this slut implying? She smirked when she noticed again that I didn't get what she's saying.

"I know what happened six years ago between the two of you, I know your dirty little secret and I know why you're always mad at me" my face flushed immediately.