Prologue

"Do you know why I married you?" I heard him ask me with a serious tone. His voice scared me a bit but, I tried not to show my emotion. I looked up from his desk and straight at his eyes. That answer is simple. "Because our grandfathers arranged it." I answered him. He gave me a nod on my correct answer.

"Exactly. Our grandfathers arranged our marriage."

He walked around his desk and stood in front of me. We were two feet apart from each other. He put his hands in his pocket and looked down at me. "Nobody said that we have to like each other. Once my grandfather passes away, I'm going to get a divorce and leave you with nothing."

Is he threatening me?

I was getting a bit angry. So many questions came into my head. "When your grandfather passes away? You could have back away before the wedding or even when we had met on your birthday. Why didn't you back out then?!" Anger grew by the second.

"If I had backed out before the wedding, most likely, my grandfather wouldn't see me fit to run his company and would have fired me," he explained to me. I was a bit shocked by his words. From what he was saying, he was using me in order to make sure that he secure his place in his grandfather's company.

"Marriage doesn't need love. It's basically the joining of two people in the eye of the law. It doesn't mean that your partner have to be there with you 24/7. A marriage certificate is a proof of marriage. A contract that two people are joined together. In a way, it's just like business," he explained his view to me.

Closing the gap between us, he walked up to me and leaned down to my ear to whisper some words. I felt frozen to the ground.

"Besides, I would never fall in love to a girl who is a nobody. A nobody who should have never been born and exist in this world."

I felt the warmth get sucked out of my body. I heard him walk past me and out the door without looking back. Slowly, I felt myself sink to the ground and onto my knees. A tear slid down to my cheek. I should have never been so surprised by his words.

I was never going to feel loved and wanted by him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello everyone!

So this is a new story that I'm working on. I hope you guys are interested in reading the story.

Leave a comment if you are interested in the story and your first impressions of the prologue.

Don't forget to vote.

Book Cover picture from oncewed.com

Happy Reading!