Chapter 25

A/N: Alright, so this is a chapter I originally decided to make as a filler and then decided to actually do something with it. I hope you like it! J I know it’s a bit strange and stuff… but hey. Give me a break. I’m trYING THEREFORE NO ONE SHOULD CRITICIZE ME ALRIGHT GOOD NOW READ, MY LOVELIES, READ

******

That night, I snuck out of the Common Room and made my way to the Room of Requirement. The only thing on my mind was finally getting to spend time with Draco and not pretend to hate him. Not that I was complaining, of course, because any time I get to spend with him is good, even if I am pretending to hate him.

I paced in front of the wall, feeling stupid, and thought over and over in my head, ‘I need a place to be alone, I need a place to be alone, I need a place to be alone.’ After pacing for about thirty seconds, a small door appeared and I gladly hopped inside. I plopped myself down on the large couch in the center of the room and waited for Draco.

Half an hour after the time Draco was supposed to meet me, he still wasn’t there. I shrugged and decided to take a nap until he arrived. 

When I woke up, my head was in someone’s lap and they were playing with my hair. I yawned and opened my eyes to see Draco staring at me and I blushed. 

“Good morning beautiful,” Draco whispered as I sat up.

“Is it really morning already?” I grumbled, not wanting to attend my classes.

“No, it’s about midnight. You were asleep for about an hour, I’d guess,” he said with a smirk.

“What are you smirking at?” I asked.

“You know you talk in your sleep, right?” His smirk grew larger and I sighed.

“Yes, yes, I do know that. Shut up,” I said with a nervous laugh, making Draco smile.

“Don’t worry, you didn’t say much of anything.”

“Thank Godric,” I said, breathing a sigh of relief. Draco kissed my cheek and I relaxed into his chest. “So, tell me about your summer." 

“Skylar, why don’t we talk about your summer first?” he said after a slight pause. I tilted my head back to see Draco looking extremely unhappy about something.

“Oh, alright, well I didn’t really do anything. I wrote letters to people, went to a wedding, and slept. There you go. Now tell me about yours,” I said with the slightest hint of desperation in my voice.  When he didn’t reply I knew something was wrong. “Draco, what’s wrong?”

He groaned and pushed me away from him so we were facing each other. “You know me too well, Skye.” Draco grabbed my hands and started tracing circles with his thumbs. He leaned forward and kissed me like this would be the last kiss we ever shared. “Promise me we can still be friends?” I gave him a quizzical look and he sighed. “I have to get married; it’s an arranged marriage with Yaxley’s daughter. The Dark Lord requested this himself. Please, you have to know I don’t want this, I want to be with you… more than anything.”

I didn’t say anything. My heart felt as though it had been ripped in half multiple times, crushed up, and spat on. I couldn’t force look at Draco, knowing I would break down and throw a fit. “Oh,” is all that came out of my mouth as tears overcame my vision and spilled down my cheeks.

“Please, Skylar, don’t… don’t cry,” Draco pleaded. He grabbed my face and forced me to look at him. I saw the pain in his eyes and I cried harder. I shook my head and stood up, leisurely making my way to the door. “I wouldn’t leave if I were you. The Carrows are out patrolling the corridors. Please, why don’t you just stay here until morning?” I turned around to face him and felt my face heat up in anger. I glared at Draco and walked back to the couch, sitting as far away from him as possible.  “Don’t be like this, Skye” Draco said, reaching for my hand.