First Day as an Orphan

I wake up to a gentle tap on my shoulder. When I open my eyes, I see Christina hovering over me. God, she looks like an angel. She opens her mouth to speak. "Rise and shine. Today you're on kitchen duty with me."

"Okay. I'll meet you downstairs in 5 minutes?"

"Sounds good. Kitchen's second door on the right. "

She leaves and I begin to get ready for the day. All I have with me are a black t shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of sneakers.

I'm really beginning to get the idea of living in an orphanage. To me it seems like everyone,especially the older ones, takes care of each other. They watch each others back. It's almost like a family.

I like it.

I make my way down the stairs and find the second door on my right. I see Christina wearing a frayed apron and notice the back string isn't tied. Hmmm....

Almost involuntarily, I walk toward her and tie the string tight around her thin waist. Then I put my hands on her hips and turn her around so she looks me in my eyes. "Good morning, beautiful." The corners of her lips turn up into a smile, her face is bright red.

A/N: ooooh ! a little romance to lighten up the mood! so matt likes Christina, but does she feel the same way? every read and comment makes me smile!

love you bunches! -marierosa13 **Proverbs 3:5**