7 | Let Me Help You

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days! I've been really busy writing different stories, but I'll remember to update again soon! X

I helped Anakin off of the transportation bus as we were dropped off at the Coruscant Apartment.

"I promise you, I'm alright." Anakin said to me calmly.

"Please, let me help you. You just took a blaster for me," I said. "no pun intended."

He smiled crookedly, and sucked in a breath.

Arriving to my apartment, I demanded that he sat down as I looked for a clean rag in the restroom. I soaked it with water, attending back to a breathless Anakin.

I looked at him, hoping that my face wasn't noticeable in the dim light; due to flushing. "I need you to remove your tunic."

He looked at me for a second until he removed it, placing it on the wooden floor.

I examined his back, seeing the torn skin.

I placed my hand to his shoulder. "This may hurt."

He stiffened as I dabbed the rag to his skin, wiping away the dry blood. I winced myself just seeing it.

"You shouldn't have done that, Anakin." I sighed. "I don't want you to get killed trying to protect me."

"That's my job." He said to me.

"I don't care," I frowned. "I won't allow you to get hurt for me."

He inhaled as his eyes closed slowly. "I like protecting you."

I pressed my lips together, twisting the rag. "You like getting shot for me?"

He laughed quietly, causing me to smile. "Well.. That's not exactly what I meant."

Finishing up, I placed the rag in a basket near the wall.

"I like to know that you're safe, it being me to do so." He explained. "It's not only my job, it's my priority to protect you."

I felt my heart throb at his words. "I'd hate to see you get hurt again." I said to him. "Please, if that happens again, just move."

His eyes met mine, and I bit my lip.

"I'll pull you out of the way before anything, Lydia." He said, standing up. "Protecting you is my second nature."

God, I love this too much. The attachment, the feeling I get when I stare into his eyes.

"Then I'll do whatever I can to protect you, too." I said. "If you can help me, then I can help you."

He looked at me as he pulled his tunic on. "You won't give up on this, will you?"

I shook my head, smiling. "No."

A knock interrupted our conversation, causing me to rush to the door. I opened it to see the same women that chose my disguise outfits.

"Chancellor Palpatine has demanded that we come here straight away." The youngest said. "He orders that you try something more Vogue, less.. You."

"Right now?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so." The girls sister answered. "It won't take too long."

"And he has commanded that Master Skywalker watch you during the day as much as possible."

I looked back at Anakin who smirked.

I inhaled. "Alright."

Stepping aside to let them in, Anakin stood next to me. "Have fun."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He turned back to me, leaving me breathless as he grinned.

"To sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow."

-

I stared as the women gathered different items of gear and clothing, even wigs. I found it outrageous that Chancellor Palpatine is wanting me to change my whole appearance. I didn't think it would help.

But I wasn't going to argue. I was being protected by great Jedi, the main one being Anakin himself.

The youngest held up a wig of a Bob haircut with bangs. "This suits you."

I just nodded, not paying attention as they hung clothing up in the closet.

I stood up from the small seat, gazing out the window as the night sky of Coruscant lit up from buildings and ongoing Speeders.

Coruscant was my new home.